Pet crocodile

cheetah

Not really sure if it's an off-topic or MV topic... Several days ago I saw a TV report about a guy in Costa Rica, who has a real pet crocodile! :eek: Or maybe it was even an al-li-gator... :D Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to that detail. They told that he found a little croc sick or injured, cured him, and now the animal lives with him, they swim together and do some tricks for the public, like kissing and stuff... :eek: (Though the crocodile's owner tells that he can do such tricks only after feeding his pet very well.)So maybe the story of Crockett and Elvis isn't SO unrealistic after all? :D

I've already forgotten, sorry... A few days passed since I've seen it. Most probably Discovery or Animal Planet, but I'm not sure. (Could be just news on some Russian channel...?( )

Tourist news. A fisherman tamed a crocodile.Each Sunday, Gilberto Sedden, Costa-Rica, dives and swims in a lake with his friend, a 4,5 meter crocodile. He does it for his friends and tourists.50 year old Sedden rides a crocodile, dives with him, tenderly kisses him. This show takes place near the town of Sarapikui not far from the Atlantic coast. It already has got regular spectators, but for Sedden, nicknamed "Tarzan Tico", it's not a mere show. It's friendship, that started 17 years ago.He found a 2 meter crocodile in the river. It had a bullet wound in its head. He carried the animal home and treated it until it was better. Then he carried it to the river, but for his surprise the animal didn't swim away. It ran after him back to his house.The fisherman started to swim together with the crocodile, he even taught it to close its eyes after the command. He told Reuters that he had to do this at night because his family was very worried.A couple of years ago he showed several tricks for his friends and they persuaded him to make a show. Each week a crowd gathers to see it. He thinks that the animal is about 50 years old. American crocodiles who live in Florida and Ecuador are not so aggressive as the Nile or Australian ones. They live for about 70 years.Sedden says, he organizes a show only once a week because the crocodile is his friend, that he doesn't want to exploit the animal and he makes his living working as a fisherman.PS. Sorry for the poor spelling of proper names

Yes' date=' it looks like the same story. Lnglk, you're just one hell of a detective! :clap:[/quote'] :D:D:DPerhaps the whole world is now one big computer?

:eek::eek::eek::birdie::radar::rain::hot:Couldn't imagine that. Now I think that maybe crocodiles and alligators aren't so "primitive" after all... even if they "hasn't evolve a second since the time of dinosaurs", like Don Johnson said in an interview. (The quotation may be inaccurate, but he meant something like that). ?( I woudn't want to have such "doggie" in my house anyway, though. :)

:D:D:D I noticed the cat sleeps several feet off the floor!

I showed this video to a "professional cat owner", and she said, the cat is sitting there just because it is sitting on something like a top of a terrarium under a special lamp. She said, in this case no cat will sit/walk on the floor