My improper behavior and my farewell

Brenda

Condolences on your loss. I don't mean to be unsympathetic but can I suggest creating a separate topic or' date=' as you said, express your thanks via Private Messages? Let's give Tony his due here.[/quote']You're absolutely right. R.I.P. Tony, how insensitive of me...I'm out of here, then. This was a wrong idea from the start, trying to find solace in discussions about my favorite TV show. Keep talking about your pastels and rolex replicas, I guess just don't fit in here with my real life pain; grieving in public is so embarrassing in the Western world.Sorry for soiling your otherwise fantastic message board (I mean it, no sarcasm here), have eternal fun, pals and let your lives be problem-free and as colorful as 1980s fashion...

Brenda,I don't think ferrariman ment you should leave this forum. There is no need to. He just ment you should not do it in a topic about somebody else. And maybe in the pm's you send to the members whom send you one. We are all a big family here, in good and bad times.We support eachother. At least that is my experience here.

I agree with you, 2morgen. I was shocked when reading that Brenda wants to leave the forum.Brenda, don´t do that. I ´m sure that Ferrariman didn´t want to insult you, but there should be one thread for Tony Curtis and one thread especially for the condolences for you.

Well, I'm not going to criticize Ferrariman's actions or anything, I'm sure that he meant good, cause it's his job to maintain the order... but I also doubt that anyone here could be really hurt by your little "off-topic", Brenda. People get carried away with emotions sometimes, that's life... especially when such sad things happens to them. We are all human... I suppose this is one of the reasons why we all like these shows portraying human emotions. (And trying to find solace in one's favourite show isn't so unwise... This year was rather rough for me too, and it made me watch two rounds of "Nash Bridges", so I know what I'm talking about. :)) Hope you'll be back... even if you're not disposed to be here now, which is understandable, then at least later, after some time passes and things calm down a bit for you. Sorry if you're falling asleep while reading my long post... :) it's rather difficult for me to express myself in English sometimes.

• Administrators

Brenda, my apologies but I think you misunderstood me. Cheetah was correct, I was just trying to keep things orderly. You are indeed welcome to start a topic and discuss anything you'd like. In no way did I mean to chase you away from our forum! We've had many members find comfort here during difficult times by communicating with friends and I truly hope you can do the same with us. To share your grief is not an embarrassment, everyone handles it differently and if you choose to talk about it then we will be here to listen. I hope you will please reconsider and stay with us!

In fact I understand Brenda's feelings in a way... When a person is in such a perturbed emotional condition, like after losing someone loved and close, and in need to share their grief with somebody, a "rational" remark may really hurt, because in such a condition it's almost impossible to be rational at all. (And the topic on somebody's death is like a catalyzer). But like I've already said - I hope that this misunderstanding works out fine in the end.

Brenda, don't go away.I'm a new one here too, but I also don't think, somebody wanted you to leave. It's so difficult and devastating, when the only relative dies, especially after a long disease. I know how difficult it is even to do ordinary things, to take decisions, just to understand what to do.I think people come here not only to have "eturnal fun", but just to escape their problems for half an hour. It's some kind of mental treatment. (Now I"m talking about myself, and I hope, I didn't offend anybody by sayang this)

brenda im sorry for you,it feels hard,and its reality,if i was in your near,i would come over to you,i wish you the best in this times and those to comei know that words arent enough,i wish i could help you in real life

Hi Brenda,First I want to express my sincere sympathy. I really hope you stay with us, or come back when you are able to. I hope you feel with our responses that it is ok to show your emotions here. We want to share nice things with each other but also want to be supportive at difficult times. Besides that, your opinions on the show are appreciated and will be missed so I really hope you will reconsider your decision.

Since joining this forum, I've found Ferrariman and everyone here to be warm and friendly. Don't think he had any intention to chase you away.Hope you reconsider and comeback Brenda.Sorry for your loss...

• Administrators

Brenda, you're not alone. I know how you feel and Ferrariman did not mean it the way you took it. You have all our condolences on your loss. This will take a lot of time to heal, but you have a family here too to support you.