shark proof cage?

sunnyburnett

With all of the swimming in the ocean did they use a shark proof cage for any of the scenes? Shoot....I wouldn't have gotten in that water.

With all of the swimming in the ocean did they use a shark proof cage for any of the scenes? Shoot....I wouldn't have gotten in that water.

Shark cages were not used. How could it be used? You'd see it. Most, if not all are held by a crane to raise or lower it. It's also too small to "swim" around in. Most scenes of someone in water was on the beach, and therefore, to shallow for a cage. With no direct shark sightings, the beaches were deemed safe.

Shark cages were not used. How could it be used? You'd see it. Most' date=' if not all are held by a crane to raise or lower it. It's also too small to "swim" around in. Most scenes of someone in water was on the beach, and therefore, to shallow for a cage. With no direct shark sightings, the beaches were deemed safe.[/quote'] Not all of the scenes were near the beach....Payback, Junk Love, Yankee Dollar, etc.There are shark proof cages that are used out in the ocean for swimmers who are trying to make it across the ocean...etc. I have also seen/heard about movie sets "shark proofing" an area where a lot of ocean filming will be done. who knows....just asking.

Guest myonlyvice

Interesting question. Never really crossed my mind. I guess you could file the unprotected approach under "calculated risk".This raises another interesting question: what is the incidence of shark encounters/attacks in and around Miami? What species are involved?

Not all of the scenes were near the beach....Payback' date=' Junk Love, Yankee Dollar, etc.There are shark proof cages that are used out in the ocean for swimmers who are trying to make it across the ocean...etc. I have also seen/heard about movie sets "shark proofing" an area where a lot of ocean filming will be done. who knows....just asking.[/quote']Can't really see it in payback, as the shot of him jumping into the ocean off the boat was so wide angle, with the boat pulling away, that any caged area would have to have been massive! I mean, really massive. I'm pretty sure that no cages would have been used.Yankee dollar was so close to the shore, they could even stand up. I don't think they would use a cage.I'd have to re watch it, but although boat scenes may be out in the ocean, the close up shots of Crockett in the ocean in JUNK LOVE could possibly be shot in shallow water, and edited to look like it was further out in the ocean, then shot footage back to boat scenes out further in the ocean. Not saying I'm correct, but it's possible.

Can't really see it in payback' date=' as the shot of him jumping into the ocean off the boat was so wide angle, with the boat pulling away, that any caged area would have to have been massive! I mean, really massive. I'm pretty sure that no cages would have been used.Yankee dollar was so close to the shore, they could even stand up. I don't think they would use a cage.I'd have to re watch it, but although boat scenes may be out in the ocean, the close up shots of Crockett in the ocean in JUNK LOVE could possibly be shot in shallow water, and edited to look like it was further out in the ocean, then shot footage back to boat scenes out further in the ocean. Not saying I'm correct, but it's possible.[/quote'] I feel ya.....it was just a question. Sometimes it looks like they're out in the middle of nowhere and they're in the ocean swimming. Payback would have been hard.....the question came to mind after watching junk love and seeing Crockett swim out from the boat. All good.....just wondering if anyone heard anything.