climatic extremes encountered during filming

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

I've long wondered what the highest and lowest temperatures were that the production crew had to endure while working on the show. It seems like you can tell sometimes by watching the body language of the actors if they are dealing with extremes of temperature regardless of what is supposed to be happening in the episode. Was it really that hot during the filming of "Definitely Miami" or was this just acting? One episode that looked like it might have been filmed during a Miami version of a cold snap is "Little Prince". I read that in the 1930s Miami actually experienced freezing conditions. Imagine that! Did they ever have to work around hurricanes or floods? Was production year-round or were certain months normally spent idle?

during filming "Rites of Passage" (mid January), especially the walking scenes Tubbs-Valerie in the Park, it had 27F/-3C in Miami!During "Definetely Miami" (Nov-Dec) there were hurricane warnings and strong winds, so it is likely that it was warmer then usual.As far as I recall, there was unusual heat and unsual cold in summer 1987. If you look up the temperature records on the internet, you´ll find out more.

• Administrators

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that Crockett's wardrobe was directly related to the Miami weather. Sonny was supposed to be a southern boy with more of a cowboy look with jeans and boots but ended up with T-shirts and no socks because of the Miami heat.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that Crockett's wardrobe was directly related to the Miami weather. Sonny was supposed to be a southern boy with more of a cowboy look with jeans and boots but ended up with T-shirts and no socks because of the Miami heat.

That's what he wanted....I guess they said to him "you don't understand where you're filming". hahahahaCould you imagine if Crockett pulled up with cowboy boots? hahahaha

Guest myonlyvice

In response to everyone who has replied:Miami is obviously known for its heat (and its Heat :)) but it's still technically a SUB-tropical climate, 26 degrees off the equator, and subject to some degree of seasonal temperature fluctuation. What I want to know is what were the coldest and warmest conditions that folks had to work under while making the show. I'm certain filming in early February would feel much different than filming in August. But how different? Can anybody help?Also, in response to tom71, I'm shocked that it was ever 27F in Miami during filming. Are you certain of this? Could you post a link to your source if it's online?