The real Daytona sound

Evan

I've been trying forever to find it through my collection. The daytona makes a reverse, then drive and you hear the chevy v-8 engine 2-3 times in different EPs do you know them?

Mc BurnieI cant belive nobody posted. Another time Crockett starts the Daytona and a big puff of blue smoke comes out from the back & over the side of the car. Is the EP where noogy is stuffed in the trunk the only time the Daytona is seen with the top UP?In another EP the lawyer talks with C&T outside in his white Stingray convertible & I cant help but wonder if it was a car going to the Mc Burnie shop for Daytona conversion.

• Administrators

Lots of engine noise on Buddies when he was chasing Robbie.I'm not exactly sure what it is your asking here?

V8 rumble?

Lots of engine noise on Buddies when he was chasing Robbie.I'm not exactly sure what it is your asking here?

Instead of hearing a sexy Ferrari sound that were all used to, instead its a V8 rumble from a Chevy engine(very unusual) plus its a automatic transmission sound!. I watched 98% of MV but only heard it twice in the entire series S1-3.

Instead of hearing a sexy Ferrari sound that were all used to' date=' instead its a V8 rumble from a Chevy engine(very unusual) plus its a automatic transmission sound!. I watched 98% of MV but only heard it twice in the entire series S1-3.[/quote']In the chase scene from Buddies it does sound as though two corvettes are speeding, that's for sure.

A had a look at BuddiesGood reference, I checked, the sound dubbing was very good & the Daytona's taillights finally work here(even though Mann hated the color RED) I enjoyed the "cool" stunt of hitting iced fish & sliding out...in Miami!That song "No guarantees in the western world" tres bon!In this EP is it me or a overusage of the color "seafoam" here?

I thought the lawyer was driving an early 70's Vette.If that's true, I would think they'd choose a later model to make a Daytona out of. From what I remember, earlier models made a poor choice because there IS a difference in how they were put together interior wise, etc. Plus, who would bastardize an early Vette?I had a 76 and still thought it belonged with the older ones. In 77 is when they dropped the stingray name, and started the move towards the more "euro" look.

Mc Burnie

I thought the lawyer was driving an early 70's Vette.If that's true, I would think they'd choose a later model to make a Daytona out of. Yup, he was in a early 71-73. You "could" use any 68-up conv to build a Mc Burnie & in 84 these cars wernt cheap but plentiful.The best of the earlier Vettes were mainly the engines. I'd love to build a Mc Burnie with a 427 or 454, or modernize with a engine from chev's LS-series v8s of today. Imagine the same look as 84 with a newer engine & six speed.

Yeah but sticking that much engine in a kit car would make it hard to stop. :)Once I got my old Vette going, it wasn't the easiest thing to slow down. I think I had discs all around on it though. But the early ones, with drums?Well that's what you call living on the edge. :)I work with a guy that had a 68 with the 427. He said it went 80-90 miles on a tank of gas. :eek:He bought it new.He also said he had to adjust the lifters every few weeks, as a requirement by chevy. I'll opt for a 70-73 with the 454 thank you. I love my cars but not that much.

Yeah but sticking that much engine in a kit car would make it hard to stop. :)I totally agree.I work with a guy that had a 68 with the 427. He said it went 80-90 miles on a tank of gas. :eek:He bought it new.I'll opt for a 70-73 with the 454 thank you. I remember a mint 70 454 4spd candy red conv sold for 12K back in the spring of 84' date=' 12K was alot of green back then.I love my cars but not that muchTrue, I love cars but cant let them rule your world!.[/quote']...

Well I can't help it' date=' cars have ruled my world for years. :clap:In fact, I'm a Fleet Manager. :p[/quote']omg that's funny!I'm a recruiter-trainer for major transport company.

• 1 year later...
Instead of hearing a sexy Ferrari sound that were all used to' date=' instead its a V8 rumble from a Chevy engine(very unusual) plus its a automatic transmission sound!. I watched 98% of MV but only heard it twice in the entire series S1-3.[/quote']I just watched Home Invaders and there is a scene were you can hear a V8 sound from the daytona.After Mrs Goldstein is leaving hair emporium and Crockett and Castillo are about to tail her... it is at the scene were the daytona stands still and Crockett says "no sign of any tail" and Castillo "we can't wait any longer - let's go"Crockett starts the engine and pulls down for D and as he acc you can here a really nice V8 sound :dance:

Yeah i've noticed the chevy v8 engine noise not being edited over too. A good example is in Milk Run when Crockett goes over to the bikers to pick up Tubbs at the goth movie theatre. As Crockett and Tubbs speed away you can hear the idle and the roar of the corvette engine.