Episode #34 "Definitely Miami"

Ferrariman

44 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

At the end in some sort of twisted way Callie recreating those little sand mountains from the remote quarry?

Miami Vice Fashion - Tumblr Blog Gallery

Yes, I think so!

• Like 3

On 6/15/2009 at 5:01 PM, Gary1911A1 said:

My favorite of season 2:

For anybody who follows pistol shooting here's an interesting fact. Ted is as many of you know an active hunter with a bow, but he's also a fan of the 10MM. His choice of pistols in 10MM is the Glock. In this episode his character is killed by Sonny with a Bren Ten, the first 10MM pistol.

Anybody who kills animals with a bow (or indeed anything  else) deserves the same fate. That was one of the good things about this  episode.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

At the end in some sort of twisted way Callie recreating those little sand mountains from the remote quarry?

Miami Vice Fashion - Tumblr Blog Gallery

Either that or a sand dinosaur.....

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

The famous “Definitely Miami”...one of the best of 2nd season, as well as the series!! This is one I can watch and never get tired of it. :glossy:

The plot, including the intense heat of Miami :hot:, the mesmerizing blues & greens of the ocean, colors, beach front hotels, guest star Ted Nugent etc...all were superb--but the "star" of the episode was the sexy but deadly femme fatale Arielle Dombasie (Callie)! Whoa...dang!!! :happy:

But, this is another one that shows Crockett’s poor taste in women...although she’s obviously physically attractive, Callie’s weird & it’s obvious there’s something not-quite-right with her. Sonny tells Rico “he’s immune” (meaning from her strange come-ons & mind-games)...yet he falls for & goes along with them anyway! :o High society snots, black widow-killers, druggies, and immature singers...Sonny should have become a monk. :)   (or stuck with Gina ;))

The music was pretty cool too. But, I also like this episode because it's another one that (only in the background this time) shows the old Blue Waters Hotel--more showcased in "The Maze" and "French Twist." But, the plot and how it was carried out, as well as the performances by all, was awesome!! :thumbsup: 

I also liked the more action-packed but sad/tragic storyline of Maria & her psycho brother Clemente. Wild ending to it, with both taking the other out :eek:...but they should have shown the crazy punk-haired assassin being taken out too...as far as I can tell, he got away.

But, with Callie & Charlie...what I want to know is, was the sand pit Charlie Basset (Nugent) was using to bury his "suckers" in their cars, abandoned...or was it still being used? I would think it was abandoned since he really didn't bury the cars that deep...and workers would eventually begin to notice "ghost" piles of sand showing up over night. But, if it was abandoned where did Basset get the bulldozer? One of those weird "quirks" I guess you're not supposed to think about. :p 

Anyway, everything combined made this “sizzling” episode one of the series' best & most memorable—I do not know or remember why I originally gave this one a 9 back when you could actually rate episodes ?(...because it’s definitely a 10 all the way!!  :clap: :dance2: 

95E801FE-89CD-4FBC-9669-E130202BDF05.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

So many great scenes in this one.

Poor Maria being sent to the slaughter by the Feds. Castillo's look of disgust when he stands over the Fed after Maria is killed is perfect. 

I think more could have been made of Stan's involvement with Maria. He seemed to want to help her early on. It could have been an opportunity to see Stan's reaction at her death.

The actress who played Maria did a great job and sold how conflicted and ultimately broken she was.

The Sonny story is good and has probably one of the most iconic scenes of the show's run...the final beach scene. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

So many great scenes in this one.

Poor Maria being sent to the slaughter by the Feds. Castillo's look of disgust when he stands over the Fed after Maria is killed is perfect. 

I think more could have been made of Stan's involvement with Maria. He seemed to want to help her early on. It could have been an opportunity to see Stan's reaction at her death.

The actress who played Maria did a great job and sold how conflicted and ultimately broken she was.

The Sonny story is good and has probably one of the most iconic scenes of the show's run...the final beach scene. 

I agree...more could have been made with Stan & his reaction to Maria’s death! And I love how Castillo just stands over the loser-Fed and without words lets him know...you screwed up & basically caused the death of 2 people—plus lost any chance of shutting Clemente’s operation down & jeopardized the entire witness protection program! We didn’t get to see it, but I choose to believe that Fed was fired that same day...he should have been prosecuted! 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 10:08 AM, RedDragon86 said:

From another angle it does look like those those little sand mountains :)

Callie.png

The sand castles aren't the peaks I'm looking at.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

The sand castles aren't the peaks I'm looking at.....

You gave yourself a mighty long ellipsis there :) :) :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2021 at 4:09 AM, ViceFanMan said:

The famous “Definitely Miami”...one of the best of 2nd season, as well as the series!! This is one I can watch and never get tired of it. :glossy:

The plot, including the intense heat of Miami :hot:, the mesmerizing blues & greens of the ocean, colors, beach front hotels, guest star Ted Nugent etc...all were superb--but the "star" of the episode was the sexy but deadly femme fatale Arielle Dombasie (Callie)! Whoa...dang!!! :happy:

But, this is another one that shows Crockett’s poor taste in women...although she’s obviously physically attractive, Callie’s weird & it’s obvious there’s something not-quite-right with her. Sonny tells Rico “he’s immune” (meaning from her strange come-ons & mind-games)...yet he falls for & goes along with them anyway! :o High society snots, black widow-killers, druggies, and immature singers...Sonny should have become a monk. :)   (or stuck with Gina ;))

The music was pretty cool too. But, I also like this episode because it's another one that (only in the background this time) shows the old Blue Waters Hotel--more showcased in "The Maze" and "French Twist." But, the plot and how it was carried out, as well as the performances by all, was awesome!! :thumbsup: 

I also liked the more action-packed but sad/tragic storyline of Maria & her psycho brother Clemente. Wild ending to it, with both taking the other out :eek:...but they should have shown the crazy punk-haired assassin being taken out too...as far as I can tell, he got away.

But, with Callie & Charlie...what I want to know is, was the sand pit Charlie Basset (Nugent) was using to bury his "suckers" in their cars, abandoned...or was it still being used? I would think it was abandoned since he really didn't bury the cars that deep...and workers would eventually begin to notice "ghost" piles of sand showing up over night. But, if it was abandoned where did Basset get the bulldozer? One of those weird "quirks" I guess you're not supposed to think about. :p 

Anyway, everything combined made this “sizzling” episode one of the series' best & most memorable—I do not know or remember why I originally gave this one a 9 back when you could actually rate episodes ?(...because it’s definitely a 10 all the way!!  :clap: :dance2: 

95E801FE-89CD-4FBC-9669-E130202BDF05.jpeg

Without doubt the best psychological episode. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Evan is the psychological episode for me. Also Death and the Lady

Definitely Miami is my sensual episode :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 2:16 PM, Dadrian said:

Evan is the psychological episode for me. Also Death and the Lady

Definitely Miami is my sensual episode :) 

With DM you would think David Lynch was directing. It has that out of sync mystery we sometimes see in his films.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Definitely Miami is my sensual episode

Sweltering heat. Fatal lust. Detestable feds. Maggot lowlife. Face-fried eggs. Ice cold tee shirts. Salty ice cubes. Bloody siblings. It’s all there! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Actually the best psychological episodes in my opinion are “Little Miss Dangerous” & “Death and the Lady”. But, “Definitely” is one of the best episodes for various reasons! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Naw. OWTBDR and Little Miss Dangerous are much better. This is more classic Noir.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Naw. OWTBDR and Little Miss Dangerous are much better. This is more classic Noir.

I love those episodes and they are great psychological ones but that side of things is only on the surface.

In Definitely Miami the sub-textual thing with Callie and Sonny is more psychological.

Edited by RedDragon86

15 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I love those episodes and they are great psychological ones but that side of things is only on the surface.

In Definitely Miami the sub-textual thing with Callie and Sonny is more psychological.

But it has classic Noir roots (the femme fatale). Noir was also quite psychological, as shown by the two Noir arcs contained in this episode. But DM is a Noir episode through and through, as well as being (in my view) THE classic MV episode (sunshine Noir). And I don't think you can say LMD's psychological aspects are only on the surface.

• Like 1

I love noir, and some think noir can only be black & white...but I disagree with that. Noir is about the plot & how it’s carried out or portrayed on screen. Some noir can actually use color to their advantage...that despite the color, there’s a definite dark feeling of foreboding, or something’s not quite right. The movie Niagara is one superb example of this...and I agree that this episode, “Definitely Miami”, is too. Very noir! Despite the beautiful colors & brightness...there’s some very “dark” & tragic elements lurking in the proverbial shadows.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 2:16 PM, Dadrian said:

Evan is the psychological episode for me.

No competition with that one. It is THE  psychological episode. Round of applause to writer, director, William Russ and Don Johnson. It has the status of true tragedy.

• Like 2

“Evan” to me is more ‘drama’, than psychological. “LMD”, “Death & the Lady”, “OWTBDR”, “Shadow in the Dark”, etc...are more psychological, and deal with the dark, if not bizarre, psyche. 

• Like 2