• timm525

• Richie Rich

• MV86

• miamijimf

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Jim, you know how much money is sitting in that case?You can buy about ten Bren Tens for one of those today! :eek:

I haven't priced Bren Ten's but I did talk to an authorized dealer about Thompson's. He quoted at least 30k, which I believe since they don't make them any more and they are highly prized. I prefer full auto weapons which can be purchased legally in Fla but it's a difficult and expensive process. The going price for Mac-10s, you see in Evan, is 5k if you can find one. They have auto weapons shoots not too far from here. I am always amazed at the number of shooters and the variety of full auto weapons.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I haven't priced Bren Ten's but I did talk to an authorized dealer about Thompson's. He quoted at least 30k' date=' which I believe since they don't make them any more and they are highly prized. I prefer full auto weapons which can be purchased legally in Fla but it's a difficult and expensive process. The going price for Mac-10s, you see in Evan, is 5k if you can find one. They have auto weapons shoots not too far from here. I am always amazed at the number of shooters and the variety of full auto weapons.[/quote']Full auto is legal in Florida? Wow, and I want to move there. Maybe my 9MM and 357 are not enough firepower (home defense purposes only) if I do.

Full auto is legal in Florida? Wow' date=' and I want to move there. Maybe my 9MM and 357 are not enough firepower (home defense purposes only) if I do.[/quote']Ya and Fla is not alone. Other states like Arkansas and Texas allow them under certain conditions. After talking to several gun dealers and collectors I believe there are two ways to buy one legally. You can get the county sheriff's approval or you can get a license for a genuine gun business (corporation). In either case it's relatively expensive, time consuming, and requires lots of paperwork and a clean record. Prior Military service speeds the process, I'm told. There are two ranges nearby where they have well attended automatic gun shoots several times a year. I haven't actually bought one myself. The only MAC10 I have found would require several trips to Miami and I would be buying from a legit dealer but someone I don't know. They all want money up front before starting the approval paperwork.

• Administrators

I don't have one either, but as far as I know, there is a mountain of ATF paperwork to fill out from what I heard. :eek: