Hello from California

23bw

Hi Vice Fans,I've been lurking on the .org site for a while and trying to register but no luck there. Looks like this is the new site so here I am. I was 14 years old when MV first aired. It was must see TV for me every friday night. And in 1985, I saved all my money from a summer job and put together a remote controlled Chris Craft Stinger that's about 3 feet long. That was a lot of money back then for a 15 year old. Still have the boat and I'll get a picture of it some day. Now I have the DVD set and I'm reliving the vice experience all over again. And I'm really enjoying some of the episodes I missed in season 4 & 5. Other that that, I once saw DJ face to face at a restaurant in San Francisco during the Nash Bridges days.Looking forward to contributing to this community. 23BW

Hey 23bwm welcome! Will you share your experience with DJ during NB's?We have a thread going for things like these. DJAngel has some great pics and stories and she is putting up more too.......

Hello 23bwGlad to see you came to the party! Seriously, many of us who post on Org are over here. I echo Crocketsgrl Please post your meeting experience with DJ in San Francisco. Did you ever see them taping Nash in San Francisco? I was 34 years old when Miami Vice originally began.:D

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'll get some pictures of my model boat next week for you all. It's a bit dusty now so need to clean it up. I don't remember the exact year, but it I think it was around the 2nd season of Nash Bridges. My girlfriend (now wife) and I lived in San Francisco at that time. She had a co-worker who would eat this this restaurant called Betelnut about once a week and would tell her all about it.http://www.betelnutrestaurant.com/She was curious about the place so wanted to give it a try. One Saturday afternoon (I think it was a Saturday) the two of us went there for lunch. Nice place for fancy Chinese food similar to the P.F. Changs restaurant chain. So here we are eating our food when something grabs the attention of a few other patrons seated nearby us. My back was facing the door so I had no idea what they were looking at. I thought it was just their friends so I went back to minding my own business. A few seconds later, a guy walks by where we sat and heading towards a table in the back corner. I looked up and it's Cheech Marin! Wow...I thought how cool it was to be eating at the same place as Cheech from Cheech and Chong movies. Right behind Cheech was this girl. I recognize her and it's the girl who played Nash Bridge's daughter. She's hot! And then walks by Don Johnson himself! Wow...holy cow!!! It's Sonny Crocket! Burnett! Nash Bridges!! Behind him comes Evan and Harvey too. Then a few other people I don't recognize. As they were getting seated, it hit me that this is the Nash Bridges crew. There were about 8 of them and they all sat in the corner table about 20 feet from me. So now I'm sitting there with my girlfiend and I'm star struck. She knew I liked Vice and NB and always kid me that DJ's my idol. She's right but I'll never admit to it :-) I want to look at them but I try not to stare. I can't help it so I get the occasional glance. In my mind....I'm thinking I like to get Don's autograph but how am I going to ask him when he's with the large group like that? I imagined it would be pretty awkward asking for an autograph in that situation so I let that idea go. Plus I didn't want to pester them during what I thought was their lunch break from a shoot. Shortly after that we finished our meal and left. I still wish I could have gotten an autograph but I don't regret not asking because the situation just didn't feel right to do that.The nearby patrons did the same thing. They were all looking too but no one got up to ask for an autograph or anything.

Hey,welcome here bw23.Do you live in San Francisco?I want to vist this city in my later life, when i travel to your country.I come from Hamburg in Germany.

Hey' date='welcome here bw23.Do you live in San Francisco?I want to vist this city in my later life, when i travel to your country.I come from Hamburg in Germany.[/quote'] Hi HHVice,I grew up in San Francisco but I moved away from there in 1999. My wife and I now live about 20 minutes away from San Francisco where the homes have more space. I still consider SF my home and go there often. 23bw

• Administrators

Welcome to the site! Sorry about the .org site, I can still get you in there if you want. Let me know!