Things that Miami Vice taught us

MV86

I think only Sonny could get away with wearing pink and make it look cool.Try that today and you're likely to get your a$$ beat in my neighborhood!

Nope, it's not just Sonny. Sonny invented it imo as well as perfected it. Us guys that do wear pink are just idols of Sonny. It does look good. And getting your ass beat is just stupid for wearing pink. Here, it's nothing, you might get the odd one or two "why are you wearing pink?" but they're boring and make it sounds the most confusing thing they've ever seen. Wear what you like, forget the others. Those that'd beat you are mindless. To me they sound the sort that'd wear everything a much bigger size than they really are.

That you should never keep an alligator on a yachtOh, and that 'bad guys' never talk to each other so you will never be discovered when undercover using the same alias year in year out or driving a car that couldn't be any more conspicuous if it were orange with pink spots!

Morgana - that's one thing I could never understand too, namely how the "bad people" didn't realise that "Rico" aka "Richard" (with Jamaican accent) and "Sonny" in his white Ferrari were undercover. Don't the bad guys ever talk to each other? Because not everybody got shot at the end of each episode which means there were *unshot bad guys" who could tell others of the two major players Sonny and Rico who weren't what they seemed ... Even if they mentioned "there's a player who always wears pink or white", you'd think they'd pass it on somehow lol

And things "Miami Vice" taught us? That 25 years on, it's still fun to drive down Ocean Drive with "In the Air Tonight" on loudly - with my 21 yr old daughter beside me and the pair of us quoting from the programme. It was a great laugh & a programme which has bridged the generation (she thinks DJ looked really good in the 80s too)