Bushido

IceColdCastillo

I just finished watching this episode, which I had no recollection of at all from previous viewings when it was aired. Man what a great episode!! Easily in the top 10 so far into the show. There haven't been that many Castillo-based episodes so when one comes along it's a real treat, especially when it's as good written as this one was. The episode worked wonderfully at adding background story to the character.Best scene in the whole episode must be when he meets his friend, the whole conversation followed by the emotional hug, ending with Castillo having to kill one of his longest & closest friends. The scene where the kid says that his name is "Marty" is great too, touching.I noticed that Edward James Olmos directed this episode as well, great job :clap: Was this his first attempt at directing a Miami Vice episode or had he done it before?Any other opinions on this episode & does any other members rate this episode as high as I do?

The music does it for me. Kate Bush with Hello Earth is a real atmospheric number. The character Surf (aka sledgehammer) should have had his own show. "Never speak to me in Russian again" !!Eingefügtes Bild

"Don't ever come up to my face like this again detective ... I get very self-conscious when people get so close to my acne scars."

Sledge Hammer: When am I on? Dori: You follow a guy from Dallas & precede a guy from Miami. Sledge Hammer: Between Dallas & Miami... what a terrible place to be! [in reference to the show's no-win timeslot opposite both 'Dallas' & 'Miami Vice']

"Don't ever come up to my face like this again detective ... I get very self-conscious when people get so close to my acne scars."

Now that's not very nice :(

What way to take this...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MetroVice

BushidoI just watched Bushido last week and I also couldn't remember the story from back in the day. It was quite enjoyable seeing an episode I couldn't remember though. It also ranked highly with me in terms of favorite episodes. Seemed to be very well written (at least there were no aliens . . .) :radar:Randy

• 4 months later...
Guest neworder

Im afraid Bushido didn't really do it for me.Castillo blabs on for too long in the car, the story is often random and rushed. I just get very bored in many parts;that said, i do like the intro and a few other scenes, and the last scene hanging around in the palm trees was good.This is ep just seemed empty to me, and is one of the weaker eps of season 2 IMO!

The Talk=Very sharp!:glossy:

My guess:Eddie = Edward (James Olmos)IPL = Intense pulsed light' date=' an epilation methodbutwho is the man on the picture?[/quote']Julio Iglesias Youre right both times! Don and the cast called EJO "Eddie" off-camera.Sorry for the confusion.