Dennis Farina in Lake Tahoe 90s

DJAngel

Here's a picture of me and Margaret taken with Dennis Farina sometime in the early 90s in Lake Tahoe. We went up there to attend a Celebrity Golf Tournament that we heard Don might be participating in, but he was not there. We were sitting in a hotel bar at some point during the day, when Dennis Farina and some other people came in a sat down. We were so surprised and pleased to see him. We had this look on our faces like:eek: and when he saw us do that, he gave us the same look:eek: lol Then we all laughed:D We left when he left and kind of followed him out of the hotel;) We asked him if he would pose for a picture with us, and he was so nice.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Cool, thanks for posting. He seems like such a personable guy. Loved him in Midnight Run.

Cool' date=' thanks for posting. He seems like such a personable guy. Loved him in Midnight Run.[/quote']We did tell him that we loved his character Lombard, and I think he said something about enjoying playing that character and thanked us:)I just talked to Margaret about someone I thought was at the table with Dennis, and she verified this - Frankie Avalon:cheers: Dennis sat down at a table with Frankie Avalon and some other people we did not recognize. A meeting of the East Coast :D It was nice to see Frankie being a fan of his music when I was a teenager:happy:I should have written a trip story, because all the details are lost over time.

I met Mr. Farina on the set of 'That old feeling' with Bette Midler years ago. I had the opportunity to make small talk with him. Lovely fellow, very genuine...though he did have a real 'old school' gangster presence about him. I was only in the background for one small scene, I always thought it was a shame we didn't get to chat more. :rauchen:

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Would make a great Columbo...I think it was "Papparazzi" he played a Columbo type detective in. he was funny

We did tell him that we loved his character Lombard' date=' and I think he said something about enjoying playing that character and thanked us:)I just talked to Margaret about someone I thought was at the table with Dennis, and she verified this - Frankie Avalon:cheers: Dennis sat down at a table with Frankie Avalon and some other people we did not recognize. A meeting of the East Coast :D It was nice to see Frankie being a fan of his music when I was a teenager:happy:I should have written a trip story, because all the details are lost over time.[/quote']Hi DJAngel, Frankie Avalon & Bobby Rydell were just down here in Clearwater, Fl. A lady who saw the show said they were great! She said Fabian was also on the program but he sounded awful.

Would love to meet Farina. I wonder if he is as laid back as his characters.

I met him a a Dean Martin Festival in Steubenville, OH a couple of years ago (my mom loves Dino). Unfortunately, I panic & freeze around celebrities, so all I could stammer out was 'hello'. He was a really nice guy & friendly with all the fans!