Top 25 Opening Credits Of 80's Action Shows

Frey

Hi again! Nice new site you have here! I've been away for a while, so I hope I'm not posting a topic that's already benn discussed because I know you guys would be as annoyed as I was when I first saw this!I was surfing the net and stumbled onto this blog by accident. Before I even looked at the list, I thought for sure that Miami Vice would at least be in the top 5 (if not the top 10). Nope. Your top ten Opening Credits For 80's Action Shows are:1 T.J. Hooker2 Riptide3 A-Team4 Matt Houston5 The Fall Guy6 Magnum P.I.7 Hunter8 Manimal9 Hart to Hart10 Simon and SimonJudging was based on credits alone. Each show was rated on a scale of 1-10 in each of the following categories:ActionSexinessChessinessHomoerotecismIntangablesHere's how Miami Vice(#25) was rated:Action:4Sexiness:4 (Not even a head shot of PMT?)Chessiness:1Homoerotecism:0Intangables:1Total:10"Aside from the popular song the show introduced, these credits are lame. Trying to be cool for school back in the 80's doesn't translate well here in the 20whatever-it-is century. I will give points for the jai ali scene though."Here's the link to view the rest: http://thepopcorntrick.blogspot.com/2008/04/top-25-opening-credits-of-1980.html

How old were the people that made up this list? Probably born after Vice.

It was posted by one guy named "goose." Goose says he "grew up on 80's action/crime shows." :rolleyes:

It was posted by one guy named "goose." Goose says he "grew up on 80's action/crime shows." :rolleyes:

Was Goose actually paying attention then? The A-Team? Really?!

• Administrators

1. T.J. HookerHeather Locklear can arrest me any day with her fur lined handcuffs. :D

1. T.J. HookerHeather Locklear can arrest me any day with her fur lined handcuffs. :D

At least they wont dig in the skin

Was Goose actually paying attention then? The A-Team? Really?!

Lol. The only thing I can figure is that there was a lot of "action" in the opening credits of most of these shows. Miami Vice on the other hand, has a great song with scenery of Miami. No highlights from the show.In fact, I believe Gosse said that if he rated these opening credits on action alone, then Simon and Simon would have been his top pick...:confused:

Another thing that bugs me about this list is that Vega$ (#17) was included. Eventhough I like the show, it was a 70's show ('78-'81) NOT an 80's show.

Lol. The only thing I can figure is that there was a lot of "action" in the opening credits of most of these shows. Miami Vice on the other hand' date=' has a great song with scenery of Miami. No highlights from the show.In fact, I believe Gosse said that if he rated these opening credits on action alone, then Simon and Simon would have been his top pick...:confused:[/quote']Yeah, I'm thinking you're right. I guess I can understand his reasoning, though he still flat-out wrong calling them lame.His reviews for Rockford and Magnum are awful. The answering machine in Rockford was a new gag each week, and as for Magnum, Higgins was not gay, TC wasn't (necessarily) Magnum's mechanic, and Rick wasn't flamboyant (though the Mikado episode was "huh?", but nevertheless, Rick had many lady friends throughout the series). This guy is clueless.Excluding MacGyver is all kinds of ridiculous, as well. Props for Hunter and Simon & Simon, though.

as for Magnum, Higgins was not gay, TC wasn't (necessarily) Magnum's mechanic, and Rick wasn't flamboyant (though the Mikado episode was "huh?", but nevertheless, Rick had many lady friends throughout the series). This guy is clueless.Excluding MacGyver is all kinds of ridiculous, as well. Props for Hunter and Simon & Simon, though.

I missed that. He also says "He has a mechanic who doesn't wear anything under his overalls" (referring to TC). Uhhhh........They're in freaking HAWAII dumbass! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things I like about the opening credits for Vice is that they are more like movie credits; no freeze frame / headshots of any of the actors and it showed how the city of Miami was as important as the actors.