Dubbing from VCR tape to PC?

DJAngel

Someone was talking about this a few weeks ago on this website, and I can't remember what was said, but I think a website was given to order some kind of connection.I have some old VCR tapes -- Don interviews, etc. that I would really like to dub onto DVD. Actually, I have a VCR/DVD (recordable) combo, however, I broke the tray on the DVD side (clumsy walked by it when it was open and you know the rest:) So I bought a Craid DVD player at Rite Aide to play my DVDs. etc etc etc:)

I replied to this on .org. I think you're remembering my post about this, the more I think about it the more I think it was on this site. I'll look for it.

Thanks, Lar;) This is something to think about doing, but it makes me nervous to dowload something like this application onto my computer.

Got RCA's?

Someone was talking about this a few weeks ago on this website' date=' and I can't remember what was said, but I think a website was given to order some kind of connection.I have some old VCR tapes -- Don interviews, etc. that I would really like to dub onto DVD. Actually, I have a VCR/DVD (recordable) combo, however, I broke the tray on the DVD side (clumsy walked by it when it was open and you know the rest:) So I bought a Craid DVD player at Rite Aide to play my DVDs. etc etc etc:)[/quote']DJ observe the rear RCA JACKS for input/output on your DVD player and put the jacks to the VCR's OUTPUT jacks. *You should be able to capture.* if so equipped

Thanks' date=' Lar;) This is something to think about doing, but it makes me nervous to dowload something like this application onto my computer.[/quote']You know, I received my capture card for Christmas almost three years ago, and it was a set from Best Buy; all of the needed software came with it, no downloading (as best as I can remember). I'd check Best Buy or someplace similar before downloading anything. Now, we did have to download/update with this new PC (which probably accounts for the touchiness of my editor, as I stated in the MV.org post).

• 3 weeks later...

I bit the bullet:) and bought a new DVD/VCR combo, which will probably be the last one I ever buy. No doubt because there are not that many of them. Costco has a Panasonic for $250, so I bought it. My techy friend is coming over to set it up, soon I hope.I should be able to transfer my Don & company VHS tapes from the 80s to DVD, then transfer them on DVD to my computer, right? I have quite a lot of interviews, etc. Some stuff is already on YouTube, but I think I have more. I just watched the tape of Don on the talk show in SF the week he raced in the OPT in April 1990. It's in very good condition:glossy:

I should be able to transfer my Don & company VHS tapes from the 80s to DVD' date=' then transfer them on DVD to my computer, right?[/quote']I've never tried putting a DVD in the PC and copying it over. You may need a certain type of program, though as to what I couldn't say. I'd guess you'd still need a video-capture card. But, you don't know until you try.