Miami Trip

miamijimf

Hi All, Here is the link to pictures my friend Howard and I took in Miami last Friday 24 Feb. Thanks to DanJ on Miami-Vice.Org (a man I am proud to call a friend) we were able to visit many sites. It took me a while to find a web site that would take so many pictures and upload them- but "There are no insignificant MV locations" and I wanted to share them all. I tried to make the titles descriptive and most Vicers will recognize the titles. Some require further explanation to match the pic with the episode/scene so DanJ sent me additional info about some pics. I added only a few comments. The number of the pic matches the number on the additional info which follows the link. Let me know if you have questions about the pics but Dan J is the authority. Enjoy (Best sorted by date after you open the link) http://www.box.net/public/qrx0nozieb ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT SOME SNAPSHOTS 2 Heart Of Darkness - La Carreta restaurant on SW 8 Street. The cartwheel on the outside of this building is seen as the exterior setup shot of the dinner meeting between C&T, Artie Rollins and Sam Kovics. 3 Atlantis Condo - First seen in the teaser for "Hit List." From the next episode forward, the same shot was inserted into the opening credits sequence, just before the two bikini babes coming out of the Carlyle. 4 Villa Regina - I believe the episode is "French Twist." Crockett's sailboat (St Vitus' Dance) is moored here instead of at the usual Miami Marina. 18 - Jimbo's on Virginia Key. Jimbo's is featured in "Glades" but this lagoon, according to SoFlaJeremy, is where a plane makes a drop near the end of "Smuggler's Blues." I have read on the board that Jimbo's was also used in "Afternoon Plane" but I don't have this S3 episode yet to confirm this. 25 SW 1st Street Drawbridge on Miami River - The drawbridge was shown in the final nightime chase/shootout in "French Twist" (See also #27-28 below for more). At the end of the foot chase, the drawbridge is opened, Crockett has climbed to the top of the bridge and is looking down on Tubbs, who is about to be shot by Danielle with a concealed gun. Amazingly, Crockett takes her out from the top of the bridge with one shot! SIDEBAR: East Coast Fisheries is seen behind the bridge in the picture above. I don't recall if the Fisheries was used in any episode, but the building next door to that was used in an early scene of "Give A Little Take A Little" when C&T bust a college kid named Bob, who is minding a drug warehouse at this site. The building was painted with the name Attanasio Fisheries. NOTE: Michael J. Attanasio was one of the show's producers (Check the end credits and you'll see his name) and I believe the film crew painted his name on the building for this episode. When Crockett walks Bob out to the river's edge you can see the SW 1st Street drawbridge in the background, and the lights of Jose Marti Park in the distance. 26 Jose Marti Park - In "Rites Of Passage" Tubbs and Valerie have a walk 'n talk along this path. Also, in "No Exit" Crockett talks with Rita Amato at the corner of this walk after he spooks a hired killer that Rita was supposed to meet here. 27 Jose Marti Park - As referenced in #26, this is where Crockett spooks the hired killer that Rita is waiting to meet with in "No Exit." 28 Jose Marti Park - This park structure is seen in "French Twist" during the final nighttime meet and shootout which begins at this park, then leads to the SW 1st Street drawbridge in picture #25. 30 Watson Island was the location of the Seaplane Base on Biscayne Bay 32 Stairstep Building - Located on Venetian Island, this building is seen in "Heart Of Darkness." An upper level apartment (Perhaps the penthouse) was used as Artie Rollins' apartment. A ground level apartment was used as the apartment of the girl in the teaser who later in the episode gets whacked by Kovics. 37. LMD “Little Miss Dangerous†Safe House was featured in four episodes: Evan, Lend Me An Ear, Honor Among Thieves, and Little Miss Dangerous. It is on Sunset Island#2, between mainland Miami and Miami Beach. The Islands 1 and 2 look even more exclusive than Coral Gables. Once owned by a drug dealer, it last sold for $6.2 million. 41 Sunset Island Residence - Across the water from the LMD safe house. In "Lend Me An Ear," which also used the LMD safe house, we can see this particular house across the water in a scene that takes place at poolside. 45 LMDhouse(OldView) – This is a DVD frame from the Evan episode to show the contrast between what the front of the house looked like in MV days and how it looks today in the following pics. 57 Club Deuce - Seen in "Freefall" series finale. I know I've seen this club in another episode but can't remember which one. 59 The Anchor Hotel doesn’t exist any more. DanJ thinks they incorporated some of the old façade in this new structure. At least the name and sign remain. 61 Tropics Hotel - Seen in various driving scenes, also seen in the background at the end of "Free Verse" after the final shootout at the St. Moritz hotel across the street. 62 SexWorld – This building on Collins Avenue, now Jerry’s Famous Deli was a favorite Vice location. It was featured in Little Miss Dangerous, Dutch Oven, and Made for Each Other. 63 This is the approximate location of a scene in Little Miss Dangerous. 70. We found this flyer outside Gina’s Bldg. listing the prices of these apartments (now Condos of course). Gina’s old place is listed as $355,000. This is a small one bedroom walk-up. Gives you an idea of how pricey Miami Beach is these days. Any takers for Gina’s?

• Administrators

Hi Jim,some really great pictures of MV locations.Guess, it was a wonderful day meeting other vicers and look out for locations in Miami.And the weather seemed to be great as well.Oh man, I wish we have some days off and a little money left to travel to Miami again =)

• Administrators

jim, thanks for all this wonderful information. great! :-)

Miami PicsEll.a and Caipi,Glad you like the pics. If you guys or any of your other members plan a trip to Miami, please post it on Miami-Vice.Org. I will make the five hour drive again sometime and meeting you all will give me another reason to go. Question: How do I get access to your Multimedia Database, I'm confused about that. Will more posts do it?Regards,Jim

• Administrators

RE: Miami PicsHi Jim,yes 8 more posts will give you access to our database.I'm sure we will visit Miami again but I don't know when we travel to Miami.We visited Florida in 2002, 2005 and 2006.And there are so many other nice places in the world to travel to.

• 3 years later...