Miami Vice on Memphis Radio

nash3333

One of the local Classic Rock stations has started using a new promo. About once an hour, you'll hear "98.1 The Max...rock and roll for the Miami Vice generation"...then it's followed by about 10 sound bites from the show (including Surf)....then they play a song from used on the show. Stuff like "Voices" "Go for a Soda", etc.It's really kind of cool....

Y108 in Hamilton, Ontario is doing something like that too. It's about the suckage of the 80's music and the MV theme song is playing in the background.Y108 is a rock station so they frequently make fun of the 80's.:D

I used to think the same about 80's music until I got the DVDs of Vice and remembered the good stuff. I think that the 80's, just like the 70's, had its share of bad music. I've been watching the cable video music show "We are the 80's" over the last few months and there is a lot of really good music from the 80's. I've even gotten my 12 year old daughter into the 80's music now. How can you not like the 80's videos of Heart, ZZ Top, Robert Palmer, et al.

This isn't making fun of the music/80s at all, it's just a straight up lead in, thne a great 80s song, like I said, all the ones I've heard were used on MV, so I think the progammer is someone that knows the show.

I never really listen to that station, because I take my XM with me to work. But I'll try it off and on tomorrow to see what it sounds like. I just can't take their DJ (Jarmin).He's just too stupid for me. And that accent....not all Memphians talk that way, just so you know. :)

Gstein...don't know if you've ever seen "the jar" but he does have a face made for radio....most of my listening to this station is in the afternoon or on weekends.

That's great nash3333.More radio stations(including XM and Sirius)should do something like that.Miami Vice is a brand name everybody knows.

I love the 80's channel, and the boneyard. I hardly listen to local stuff anymore, except when I'm charging my phone in the car. Then I listen to a local talk show station. Of course when I hear a Miami Vice, Vice City, or Vice City Stories song come on, I crank it up. I just can't look like I'm singing and drumming on the wheel.My car has gov't plates. :)

Shhh, it's too hot here to shout. Wait till fall. Plus we have an air quality alert today. I'm going to stay indoors as much as possible. :)