Hello from a current but silent member

stabbing234

Hello everyone. I have been a member of this forum for a long time now but never really posted anything until the other day when I posted something regarding season 5. I am very big Miami Vice fan. I own every season on dvd and it's sad to know that I can't look forward to another season of Miami Vice released on DVD. I am presently in the middle of season 5 now and seeing episodes I have not seen in a long time or possibly seen ever. I love many aspects of the Miami Vice series including the amazing use of music, the character development and overall atmosphere the show portrays. They surely do not make tv shows like this anymore. I am a 26 year old male and have a difficult time finding people in my age group having any appreciation for Miami Vice or anything from the past. I feel in America at least anything from the 80's is almost looked down upon by younger people. We are in a period of time where people are overall very shallow and superficial in America. I look at what is trendy in modern culture in America and do not see any of it being worth while even 5 years from now. Everything seems so disposable now a days. I am often embarrassed by the lack of knowledge young Americans display of anything from the past including music, movies, television and history. Well this is a whole other topic. I just thought I would give an overall feeling of who I am. I look forward to posting more often here.

RE: Hello from a current but silent memberHi stabbing,you are so right. I really know what you are talking about. Some time ago I wrote about Miami and that the whole city changed face into somewhat modern place without character. It's very hard for me to find my Vice over here and most ppl are 2 steps ahead.Where do you live?Don

Hi, stabbing, don't be sad, You are not alone... ;) It's quite the same here in Germany. Our beloved 'spirit of MV' is absolutely unknown, especially the youth maybe had seen that terrible movie, but no one can or wants to share our feeling about the themes, colours, clothings or the heartbreaking music.Every day I praise the web for the connecting such people like us... :klatsch:

• Administrators

Welcome again, stabbing234. Now you found your place to rest and stay ... Have fun! 8)