The final episode ever of Miami Vice.

stabbing234

I just completed the entire Miami Vice series and I must say I feel rather sad. I watched the entire 5 seasons of Miami Vice in the past 12 months. Some episodes it had been so long since I seen them originally that it was like watching it for the 1st time. Some episodes I didn't even recall at all until watching the dvds. I must say even though this powerful series was concluded nearly 17 years ago it's a sad feeling watching that last episode on the season 5 dvd knowing that this is the end of Miami Vice as if it currently happened now. It's a feeling inside which is really sad because the this show struck so much emotion inside of you that you don't even realize it ended so long ago. It particularly struck me watching the end 5 minute montage of scenes throughout the years in the final episode and you recall each and every scene from each and every episode. Not only was this the end of an amazing show it was the end of an era. I just thought I would leave these thoughts with everyone.

You are absolutely not alone with this feeling, stabbing. A few years ago, in another board, we had a legendary thread about the last end of the series. And there are adult men who admitted to have gotten wet eyes when showing the summary at the end and hearing Terry Kath's 'Tell Me' once more. Me too... ;(

• Administrators

I agree to your statement as well, stabbing234. Watching the Freefall Finale and the End credits of "Freefall" also gives me goosebumps every time. Goosebumps because of the end of a wonderful friend... sorry ... kind of "relationship" :-), and also goosebumps because there was hope left that there would be a continuation one day ... maybe.Hope dies last ... but since August 2006 it's dead and burried because there will never be a continuation with the original cast. 8)

• 1 year later...

Es ist vollbracht! Habe mir soeben die letzten beiden Folgen reingezogen. Zur Beruhigung leg ich letzt Nash Bridges nach. Sonst kommt das grosse Scheppern vom DJ Entzug. Wenn ich nur dran denke: Das war`s, es kommt nix mehr nach. ;( Kein Castillio mehr der mit zusammengekniffenen Lippen Sonny und Tubbs in sein Büro holt.Kein Stan, kein Izzy. Für die paar Tage lebte meine Jugend wieder auf. Es wird Jahre dauern bis ich mir MV wieder von vorne bis hinten anschauen werde können. Es sei denn meine Alzheimer beschleunigt sich vorher... ;(;(;( Komplett wurscht wie realistisch die Serie war. Bei der anderen Doku (Star Trek TNG:))war ich nicht so traurig als es zu Ende war. Rest in Peace, Mami Vice! ;(