What is the song in Out Where The Buses Don't Run

DJAngel

At the end of the episode when Hank takes them to where he put the body in the wall--what is the name of the song playing then:confused:

Thank You, Tommy:clap:I knew I could count on my fellow Vicers to know the song.I watched Celtic Thunder on KTEH Sat. night, and one ofthe guys sang it. It took me right back to that wall:)I was so impressed with Celtic Thunder, I bought the CD and DVD.The guys are amazing, all different, but the similar. They sing popular songsas well as Celtic. What a show. I'm probably going to the concert in San Jose in December.

BTW, the entire CD of Brothers in Arms has some other great tunes, such as Walk of Life and Money for Nothing.

yeah that's an awesome cd, indeed. it has another vice tune on it as well ("ride across the river" from "knock knock..." ep). "brothers in arms" was also used in the film "spy games" with brad pitt and robert redford. great movie!

yeah that's an awesome cd' date=' indeed. it has another vice tune on it as well ("ride across the river" from "knock knock..." ep). "brothers in arms" was also used in the film "spy games" with brad pitt and robert redford. great movie![/quote']Thanks re Ride across the River. I didn't pick up on the Vice episode for that one. A great CD.

Out Where the Buses Don't Run blew me away when I first saw it, especially the ending. It used to be my favourite episode but not anymore. It is a very good episode but it's bogged down by two things, Bruce McGill's frantic overacting and the fact that all the traffic lights were at red during the nightdriving scene towards the end.

The inclusion of this song is beyond perfect, really the thing to show anyone who thinks Vice just used music to use it. Still haunting time after time. McGill's acting does grate on the nerves, but he gets it across that there's something seriously wrong with this guy besides eccentricity. The Little Richard intro is awesome, too, BTW.Agreed, the entire "Brothers in Arms" album is excellent, easily one of the best ever.

• 11 years later...

Any faults people find in Hank Weldon's character miss an important detail. Bruce McGill's an innate depth portraying offcenter personalities. At the time, his less than 100% recognizability a factor too.

The real key in the episode; not so much flying cross town responding to Hank's call to the epic "Brother's In Arms". The impact delivers when Marty Lang admits complicity regarding Arcaro, stating flat out, "He was my partner, you understand?" THAT is brotherhood; now Lang is on the ropes too.

No statute of limitations on murder. Easily one of the finest TV episodic moments ever. Another unsung episode "El Viejo" aka "Texas Ranger", Willy Nelson as the title character.