Back in the World. Maynard's Crimes.

timm525

• Administrators

I for one liked G. Gordon Liddy’s character of Maynard, but hated that whinny little s**t Stone.I thought that after “Back in the World” ep, it was a little silly to see his character return in “Stone’s War” because he would have had so many warrants out for his arrest, he would have been scooped up and thrown in prison for life or death by every state and federal agency known to man.Why didn’t Crockett arrest him on the spot in “Stone’s War” when he kidnapped Stone and had him in the parking garage in exchange for the tape. He had Maynard and Stone both in one place and there would have been a boat load of warrants out for his arrest. Not to mention Sonny would have had to have had a SWAT team covering the garage. But that is another story and not included in his charges below.Just off the cuff, here’s a few items I came up with just for fun to see what charges Maynard would have had (just in “Back in the World” only) and how much time he would have been looking at. Most all of these are felonies in the state of Florida and are by current Florida Statutes of today. This does not include any Federal violations of ATF and or any RICO statutes and years of imprisonment.Conspiracy to commit murder. Stone’s wife by Mr. Hmung. 1st degree felony, 30 years in prisonAttempted murder of Stone. Shooting stone at end of show. A life felony not exceeding 40 years.2 counts of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer. (Crockett and Tubbs, one count each in the Everglades). 1st degree felony. 30 years for each count for a total of 60 years in prison.2 counts of conspiracy to committ murder of a law enforcement officer. (Crockett and Tubbs in the van chasing Maynard), 1st degree felony, 30 years each count for a total of 60 years in prison. 1 count of conspiracy to commit murder of a law enforcement officer. The attempted murder of Crockett on the boat when Mr. Hmung was shooting mortars at them. 1st degree felony, 30 years in prison.1 count of conspiracy to commit murder. The attempted murder of Stone on the boat when Mr. Hmung was shooting mortars at them. 1st degree felony. 30 years in prison Fleeing and eluding of a law enforcement officer. 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prison. Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute. Heroine brought back from Nam. 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prison. Possession of a firearm while committing a felony. (Even if he had a concealed weapons permit back then, it would be null and void upon committing of a felony.) 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prison. Murder of the folks that purchased the heroine from Maynard. That is a capital felony and he get the death penalty for each one. Murder of Mr. Hmung. Anyone involved in the commission of a felony that results in the death of another person is guilty of murder in the first degree. This means Maynard would have been charged with the death of Mr. Hmung even thou Crockett actually shot and killed him. 1st degree felony. 30 years in prison. Obstructing Justice. 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prisonPossession of a destructive device. The mortar used to kill Sonny and Stone in the Scrab. 2nd degree felony. 15 years in prison.Also, by today’s statutes in Florida we currently have what’s called the “10-20-Life” law which states, “use a gun and you’re done” as a slogan. Basically if you use a gun during the commission of a crime you get a mandatory 10 years in prison. If you fire the gun you get 20 years in prison, mandatory. And if you shoot some one, you get an automatic life in prison, mandatory. Do not pass “Go”, do not collect $200.00 dollars. Maynard would have gotten life for using a gun while shooting Stone in today’s world. I did not include this in the years of prison because it was not current during the 80’s as a law.This is just what I can think of for his Florida state crimes in “Back in the World” only. This does not include any federal crimes or any crimes committed in “Stone’s War”. That is another discussion. I think it is safe to say if Maynard was convicted on all counts and received the maximum sentence for all charges, he would most likely have served at least 307 years in a state or federal prison. Not to mention the Death penalty or the two life sentences he would have gotten on top of the 302 years!!!Yep, Maynard would have been in prison for the rest of his life prior to “Stone’s War”.

:baby:I thought we have already used up all angles to assess episodes, but you managed to find a new one! Very interesting. We also could assess whether our heroes follow the book in their job or if they cross the line (unjustified use of violence or similar?)P.S. Are you a lawyer?

• Administrators

No, I'm not a lawyer in the state of Florida or anywhere else.I did start on a degree in legal services before my mother had the gall to up and die on me leaving me with a bunch of inherantance problems while I was in school.

2008->Ch0777->Section%2004#0777.04">

Conspiracy to commit murder. Stone’s wife by Mr. Hmung. 1st degree felony, 30 years in prisonAttempted murder of Stone. Shooting stone at end of show. A life felony not exceeding 40 years.2 counts of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer. (Crockett and Tubbs, one count each in the Everglades). 1st degree felony. 30 years for each count for a total of 60 years in prison.2 counts of conspiracy to committ murder of a law enforcement officer. (Crockett and Tubbs in the van chasing Maynard), 1st degree felony, 30 years each count for a total of 60 years in prison. 1 count of conspiracy to commit murder of a law enforcement officer. The attempted murder of Crockett on the boat when Mr. Hmung was shooting mortars at them. 1st degree felony, 30 years in prison.1 count of conspiracy to commit murder. The attempted murder of Stone on the boat when Mr. Hmung was shooting mortars at them. 1st degree felony. 30 years in prison Fleeing and eluding of a law enforcement officer. 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prison. Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute. Heroine brought back from Nam. 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prison. Possession of a firearm while committing a felony. (Even if he had a concealed weapons permit back then, it would be null and void upon committing of a felony.) 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prison. Murder of the folks that purchased the heroine from Maynard. That is a capital felony and he get the death penalty for each one. Murder of Mr. Hmung. Anyone involved in the commission of a felony that results in the death of another person is guilty of murder in the first degree. This means Maynard would have been charged with the death of Mr. Hmung even thou Crockett actually shot and killed him. 1st degree felony. 30 years in prison. Obstructing Justice. 3rd degree felony. 5 years in prisonPossession of a destructive device. The mortar used to kill Sonny and Stone in the Scrab. 2nd degree felony. 15 years in prison.Also, by today’s statutes in Florida we currently have what’s called the “10-20-Life†law which states, “use a gun and you’re done†as a slogan. Basically if you use a gun during the commission of a crime you get a mandatory 10 years in prison. If you fire the gun you get 20 years in prison, mandatory. And if you shoot some one, you get an automatic life in prison, mandatory. Do not pass “Goâ€, do not collect $200.00 dollars. Maynard would have gotten life for using a gun while shooting Stone in today’s world. I did not include this in the years of prison because it was not current during the 80’s as a law.This is just what I can think of for his Florida state crimes in “Back in the World†only. This does not include any federal crimes or any crimes committed in “Stone’s Warâ€. That is another discussion. I think it is safe to say if Maynard was convicted on all counts and received the maximum sentence for all charges, he would most likely have served at least 307 years in a state or federal prison. Not to mention the Death penalty or the two life sentences he would have gotten on top of the 302 years!!!Yep, Maynard would have been in prison for the rest of his life prior to “Stone’s Warâ€.

Timm, did you already consider a career in Southern Law Enforcement? You seem pretty up on this.

• Administrators

Good points but what everyone here seems to miss is that had Sonny arrested him when you said it would've been a very short episode!Ah the wonders of TV never cease!