Sonny's ID Prop anyone?

Dadrian

I have a badge and wallet used in the show. The badge is very close and the wallet pictured seems to be tectured rather than smooth but is also close. The photo ID I have is a reproduction so I cannot say how authentic it is but is similar in all respects to that advertised except the photo I have is more like an ID pose whereas this one is with Sonny pictured almost as from a still shot in the episode, but again close. I think the price asked here for a replica is ridiculous, however.

• Administrators

Ummmmm, just an observation here, but that looks like a silver badge.Sonny always had a gold badge.I think someone created that on a computer.You can buy the badge and wallet badge pretty cheap from replica companies.The Id card was most likely reproduced on a computer.Photoshop is amazing these days.Just my guess.

The scan of the real ID that Ricky Bravo had on his website had JAMES "SONNY" CROCKETT as the printed name, and James "Sonny" Crockett as the signature. "Sonny" James Crockett? I don't think so.I do think the badge has a gold finish but highly unlikely it's the "same manufacturer" as used by the series.Also pretty funny that:(a) the seller calls the OCB the "OCP";(b) the clip-on ID says "VICE DEPARTMENT" rather than "OCB" or "Organized Crime Bureau."

• Administrators

Maybe some of us should go into business selling those "authentic" vice badges at 400 bucks a clip.If I sold one a month, that would pay my gas bill for the month.Huuuummmmmmm!Something to think about.;)

I stand corrected... I just watched the "Crockett's Theme" video and 35 seconds in there's a scene with Crockett showing his ID and it is indeed signed "Sonny" James Crockett.But... the picture the eBay guy uses is wrong!

Hey guys, I also have obtained 2 of the Crockett ID's used in the show and will say 100% that that ID card is NOT genuine. The badge was most likely purchased on the web from NIC or another seller of Dade County badges. I noticed right away that the ID card was made by another guy who replicates these on various prop boards and is excellent but obviously doesn't have access to the real ID photo of crockett. The other card that comes with it is far from correct to the original OCB cards they wore. Anyway just my 2 cents. Love this board!!! tvice.

Just thought Id'e throw in some pics. The football photo is only a copy not an original but I thought it would look good... Anyone else got any real gear? it would be great to see.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Nice pics, tvice. Where did you obtain the props? For anyone wanting a way cheaper alternative to the $400 replica, here you go:badge $40 here wallet $25 here For the ID: About a year ago I found someone on Ebay who was selling replica IDs for Tubbs and Crockett (similar to that of tvice's photo) and if you want their email address you can PM me. I paid about $20 Australian for both IDs. Cheers, S-B

Thanks buddy, I obtained the props from a person who worked on the show ( name withheld, sorry guys ). I have always wanted these and was lucky and thankful there are generous people in the world. I got a few real deal ID's from tv and films but my all time favourites are the vice ones. I don't know who grabbed up that ebay vice ID but I feel for them as they were just not worth that kind of cash. I have made up a few in the past with paintshop pro and they were sufficent even though they weren't exact. If anyone has the ID of Rico from season 2, which was different from season 1, I would love to see it. The actual ID photo is different on his card. You can see it especially in the episode florence italy at the beginning when tubbs flashes the card ( oh ho, sounding a little obsessed!!! ). Anyway love to see that ID photo as that for me is impossible to get!.