In the Air Tonight ~ New Version!

DJAngel

:happy:I heard a new version of In the Air Tonight, and it was definitely Phil Collins singing. It was a little more up tempo, a really cool beat and sound. Is this new or has it been out for awhile?

Sorry but some things should never be touched. That song is one of them!I absolutley HATE the "Rap" version I heard a while ago, as this is just as sacriligious as using a Zepplin song to sell Cadillacs!I wonder when Micheal Jacson will sell off the Beatles catalogue so we can hear a Beatles song selling chewing gum or some other nonsense?!?!Don't mess with art!

Sorry but some things should never be touched. That song is one of them!I absolutley HATE the "Rap" version I heard a while ago' date=' as this is just as sacriligious as using a Zepplin song to sell Cadillacs!I wonder when Micheal Jacson will sell off the Beatles catalogue so we can hear a Beatles song selling chewing gum or some other nonsense?!?!Don't mess with art![/quote']Nike used "Revolution." They paid MJ and Capitol Records $250,000.Oh, and it's "absolutely," "sacrilegious," "Zeppelin," and "Michael Jackson."

The version I heard definitely did not have rap in it:p

No not the one that is listed here... but I have heard a rap version with nothing but mother****er and ni***r etc in it.I forget the artist...or should I say person who basterdised that song.I can see Phil Collins having a caniption fit, but he probably does not own the song anymore???

Yes, Phil still owns the rights to the song, so if anyone is covering it he authorized it and is getting paid."Samples," however, are another story. Most of the major-label rappers go through proper channels, but many indie and self-released rappers still use samples without clearance.And by the way, even with the asterisks, the n-word makes me wince. Was that really necessary?

And by the way' date=' even with the asterisks, the n-word makes me wince. Was that really necessary?[/quote']Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck too! I hate it when they use those terms in music because it is demeaning to all of colour. But...you still hear it and the kids listen to it????????????

Phil Collins had to pay a lot of money to his ex - wife and maybe that´s the reason why he gave his ok to the new version of that great song.

Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck too! I hate it when they use those terms in music because it is demeaning to all of colour. But...you still hear it and the kids listen to it????????????

IMO Rap Music is an oxymoron.