Dadrian's New Cover is Here!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

I know it's posted in the News & Info section but it's worth mentioning again! Please check out Dadrian's new cover "McCarthy" in the downloads section!Feedback please!

Guest neworder

good workwish i had a patio that backed out onto Miami River with cigarette boats speeding by, 90F and sunshine with big thunderstorm clouds far in the distance, hot ladies walking by and a twat for an accountant (gifford lol) sat next to meinstead, i have 66F, drizzle and a patio that backs onto a marsh, thats England for you.anyway again well done, great tune.

This cover is totally sick man!Very, VERY close to the original.Do you use MIDI and copy note for note what JAN did on that piece of music. If not, the process shouldn't be difficult to replicate. What about sampling of his sounds off of a DVD. Can't a snipit of sound be sampled sometimes to get the correct sound if you feel you can't exactly copy it?Don't know how this one was accomplished, but it's screen acurate, and freakin awesome!

thanks, c&b! i use midi for editing and programming always. i don't get too fancy with midi though. aside from drum patterns, most of what i do is recorded in real time. it gives the music a more organic and authentic feel. as for sampling, i sample a sound if it's a choice, but that's very rare. to sample, the sound has to be isolated from all other sounds. for instance, i can't sample a guitar sound if drums and other sounds are happening at the same time. i sampled the strum sound on "better living" and the drum roll on "yankee dollar". i also have some snare drum samples that were given to me. i'd say samples play about a 2% role at best in my work so far. i think i'm gonna do some drum sampling when i cover the night music from "phil the shill". check out the comments on the downloads page for more info, if you haven't already. thanks for your interest. i obviously love to talk shop.

noNo I dont have a boat now. But a friend has one of Wellcrafts that was used in MV. Still has the camera bolts. I have been looking on Stingers, but du to Norwegian tax on engines I have been waiting.