Sticky this - MV up for an Emmy!

cheld

• 2 months later...

Michael Mannthey should thank the guys who waxed the Mcburnie for the hood scene alone.Mann used the hood scene somewhere else first along with 3 other people who would end up on Miami Vice......have a look;

I wanted to voteHi, I just clicked on the link and then tried to find where to vote but it wouldn't give it. Do you have to register to vote....oh though it's Sunday so maybe the vote has stopped and I didn't see this on time. Sorry. Thanks tough, sue

Hi' date=' I just clicked on the link and then tried to find where to vote but it wouldn't give it. Do you have to register to vote....oh though it's Sunday so maybe the vote has stopped and I didn't see this on time. Sorry. Thanks tough, sue[/quote']Unfortunatelly, MV didn't even make the cut. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" won and MV wasn't even one of the five finalists...:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

they should thank the guys who waxed the Mcburnie for the hood scene alone.Mann used the hood scene somewhere else first along with 3 other people who would end up on Miami Vice......have a look;

A little off subject, but I saw the trailer, and noticed that again here's a Michael Mann movie that so dark - mainly night scenes...It just seems to be a very Michael Mann thing to do...

Unfortunatelly' date=' MV didn't even make the cut. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" won and MV wasn't even one of the five finalists...:rolleyes:[/quote']"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"???I just don't understand what people like/dislike.:birdie:

• 2 years later...
I would have been content with literally ANY other TV show beating out Miami Vice, but not Buffy… I really wish I didn’t stumble upon this thread. I apologize in advance if this rant offends any of you. Words cannot even begin to express my hatred of “Buffy†and Joss Whedon in general. When I was a sophomore in high school, I gave the show a chance due to the sickening and seemingly unending online endorsements made by overenthusiastic fan girls. I mean, if they love it that much than it can’t be that bad, right? Wrong! I made it halfway through the third season before I quit watching in disgust. Last November I, being somewhat of a television buff (no pun intended), came to the conclusion that the series couldn’t possibly be as bad as I remembered it and decided to offer a fair, unbiased opportunity to gain my loyal viewership. Again, I made it halfway through the third season before giving up, discovering a newfound sense of repulsion I didn’t think I was capable of in the process. Here is a typical Buffy the Vampire Slayer “jokeâ€. I kid you not, this is how the characters would attempt to compare and contrast something: “It’s kind of like a bike, except without the wheels… or the handlebars… or the frame… basically it’s not like a bike.†Why Joss Whedon thinks that people talk this way is unfathomable. As far as his writing goes, have any of you guys seen “Alien: Resurrectionâ€? Way to kill a classic film franchise, Joss! If he truly is your “boss†and “Masterâ€, then please explain to me why EVERY single one of his TV shows has been canceled early? “Buffy†was canceled after the fifth season and moved to UPN. “Angel†was canceled early by the WB. “Firefly†was canceled early by FOX, as was “Dollhouseâ€, and the “Serenity†movie bombed. My main issue with Whedon is his annoying feminism world viewpoint. His shows reek of “boys are stupidâ€. Don’t get me wrong, I’m perfectly ok with strong female characters, but almost every man in Buffy was a weakling in need of rescue. In my opinion, a good series should have men and women on equal footing, a la “Warehouse 13â€. I am still in disbelief that the “In the Air Tonight†scene didn’t even make the cut! Ridiculous! It is easily the most memorable and impressionable scene in television history.

Guess I missed this thread when it was posted in 2008. Would love to see anything MV-related win.Canes n' Pain, really disagree with you about Buffy The Vampire Slayer television show. I think I discovered it in 98-99, quite by accident, and I was immediately hooked on it. The cast was outstanding and the writing was great. With very few exceptions, each week was another Buffy treat for me. I'm not a Sci Fi buf and anything that is vampire-related fan, but that show really had me from the first time I channel surfed to it. Serious, dark, funny, great continuous storylines with incredible characters - Angel, Spike, Drucilla, not to mention Buffy, Faith, Giles, Zander, Willow. I did enjoy the "Angel" spinoff for a couple years, but it went too far out for me in the last seasons. Love to pull out the tapes and watch some of my fave episodes, just like I do with MV :happy:

DJ, thanks for the reply and I do respect your opinion. I can see why some people like the Whedonverse, but I just couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. To make a long story short, it was the feminism and cheesy jokes that turned me off the series twice. Another annoyance comes in the form of the overzealous fans, who believe that Whedon is literally incapable of producing anything other than gold. Again, thank you for your thoughts and for being mature about the discussion!