Out There Where the Busses Don't Run

timm525

• Administrators

It was said by Tubbs that "Acaro used to live in your building" meaning Weldon's building when they went to see Loraine. This was not the same building that Weldon buried Acaro in the wall at the end of the ep. was it? I would say no. Acaro's building, the one he was buried in was a galopadated piece of crap that was falling down. It didn't appear that this was the one that Hank lived in.Anyone have any thoughts on this.I say they were two different buildings. One that Acaro may have lived in at one point and one that Weldon killed him and buried him in the wall.???

Yep, two different buildings.Although, in my opinion, it was missed opportunity as having Arcaro buried in the wall of Weldon's place would've been a perfect capper to the ep.

• Administrators
Yep' date=' two different buildings.Although, in my opinion, it was missed opportunity as having Arcaro buried in the wall of Weldon's place would've been a perfect capper to the ep.[/quote']Yes, I was thinking the same thing. That would have been ironic to say the least. That way Hank could keep an eye on his old pal.

Actually, after all the moisture decomposed out of the body, the smell would go away.Yeah still sounds gross. My point is that wacko Hank wouldn't have been soaking in stench for all those years -- just a few months maybe.

• 6 years later...

Anyone catch the Switek comment at the Stiltsville location when he spotted the seaplane? Was an obscure comment that probably not many picked up on. He said "Out of the blue of the Western Sky..". 

Was a subtle reference to an early 60s (reruns for me later) B&W TV show called Sky King, when they used to introduce the series with that phrase.

As a kid I remember the really cool plane they flew called a Cessna 310D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_King

• Like 1

Anyone catch the Switek comment at the Stiltsville location when he spotted the seaplane? Was an obscure comment that probably not many picked up on. He said "Out of the blue of the Western Sky..". 

Was a subtle reference to an early 60s (reruns for me later) B&W TV show called Sky King, when they used to introduce the series with that phrase.

As a kid I remember the really cool plane they flew called a Cessna 310D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_King

I recognized that quote immediately but I'm dating myself by acknowledging it.   :p   

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hank Weldon is a retired cop, however actor Bruce McGill who plays him is actually younger (*Jul 11, 1950) than Don Johnson (*Dec 15, 1949). He looked significantly older though at least back then. I'm just watching 'Law Abiding Citizen' on TV feat. Bruce and was wondering about his age, that's why.... now there's even a scene with 'Eminence Front' by The Who playing in the background, a song also used in MV...

Edited by daytona365

I think Noogie isn't the Jar Jar Binks of MV. Hank Weldon is. Maybe that's just McGill's haminess.

Robert Blake might've been good as Weldon. He kind of is Hank Weldon 

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

I think Noogie isn't the Jar Jar Binks of MV. Hank Weldon is. Maybe that's just McGill's haminess.

Robert Blake might've been good as Weldon. He kind of is Hank Weldon 

I liked Weldon. He was one of the guest characters who made an impact. You can tell the producers tried for the "crazy ex-vice cop" motif later on with Lend Me an Ear, but it didn't quite work as well. 

Edited by Spyder

• 7 years later...

Question:

From the Miami Vice Fandom page (regarding "Out Where The Buses Don't Run"):

• This episode is loosely based on a true story that occurred in Miami in the 1970s.

Does anyone have any additional information on this story? My apologies if this has been discussed previously.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2008 at 3:45 AM, timm525 said:

It was said by Tubbs that "Acaro used to live in your building" meaning Weldon's building when they went to see Loraine. This was not the same building that Weldon buried Acaro in the wall at the end of the ep. was it? I would say no. Acaro's building, the one he was buried in was a galopadated piece of crap that was falling down. It didn't appear that this was the one that Hank lived in.

Yes, two different buildings.

Lorraine was at Hank's apartment:  https://goo.gl/maps/aXoJZqvQuPEbenC19

weldon.png.58667d0c156273db61beb12e887a162c.png

Arcaro's dead body was at the ramshackle house at "114 South Water Street" (actually filmed on Grand Avenue in Coconut Grove):

weldon2.png.9e1550bf35b19827ee2ec88ed763804b.png