Which One, Grand Theft Auto Vice City or Vice City Stories?

Gina_Calabrese

I'm looking to buy Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but I'm not sure if I should get that one or Vice City Stories. Can someone help me on this?Gina_Calabrese.

Get Vice City first. It's an awesome game. My favourite game of all time. They did an amazing job of capturing the spirit of 1980s Miami. It was hugely influenced by Miami Vice and Scarface with tons of references to both. The characters are great, it has an amazing voice cast (including Philip Michael Thomas), an incredible soundtrack, the missions are awesome and really fun. The story was great and it's just an impossibly entertaining and replayable game. Vice City Stories is good too. I'd recommend you getting it too. I like it but it can't really compare to the original Vice City. It doesn't have any of the amazing atmosphere of the original Vice City and it doesn't have a Miami like climate as it's constantly sunny, there's never any rain or thunderstorms. It seemed to have the same climate as Los Santos (which was based on Los Angeles) in San Andreas. The story is a bit weak too IMO.But the good points are the missions were great and a lot of fun and it is an entertaining game. And it has some great new features and the soundtrack was awesome again too.It would be really awesome if Rockstar made another Vice City for the PS3.They could make the map even more like the real Miami. The original Vice City had Miami Beach, Star Island, Downtown, Little Havana, Little Haiti. The next game could have the places they left out like Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Virginia Key and Key Biscayne.

Guest neworder

Vice city, vice city stories was **** in my opinion except for the excellent soundtrack, VCS was so bad i even traded it in.In agreement with tommy tho, Vice city is the best game ever made.

i'll have to put good old super mario brothers in the number one spot, but vice city is right after for me. kept me coming back for months!

All of the original GTA III games are great: GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas. Get all three if you can. GTA III will probably look like crap after playing the other two games, so try to play them in their chronological order of release date. I've fallen in love with each one for different reasons, and Rockstar has definitely done a great job.I've never played the "Stories" games. Both LCS and VCS were originally made for Playstation Portable, so from what I've heard, don't expect the same level of details and excellence as you would from the original GTA III games. It also didn't help the games that the porting to PS2 was kind of half-assed. Before Vice City, I thought GTA III was the greatest game ever. It was the first game in which you could have done pretty much anything that you wanted to do (except swim, of course). I digested most of Liberty City, and absolutely loved the first two islands: they exuded the grittiness and and quasi-NYC feel that Rockstar had intended for the game as a whole. There were so many small details and things to do besides the actual missions; it was truly a revolution in gaming. And when I tried playing Vice City at first, I was pleasantly surprised by the vastly improved gameplay, from the character movements and actions to the driving. There were also a ton more weapons to choose from. But I was a little put off by the pastels, because I was just coming off of the realistic gritty-city feel that I loved from GTA III. Of course, I was playing it at a friends house, so I didn't touch the game for a long time. But once I started playing it for real, I fell in love with the game. Despite its cartoon-ish 80's appearance, Vice City was actually vastly less cartoon-ish than the GTA III world. The city itself was absolutely breathtaking and felt completely different than Liberty City, but in a good way. The weather was well done: from the hurricane rains to the orange sunny days, it felt like a tropical city should feel like. The pastel neon lights at night along Washington Beach were truly a sight to see, and worth buying the game to see them alone. The 80's radio was truly in a class of its own, and the atmosphere had the appropriate amount of Cuban and Latin music to bring in that Cuban feel that I imagine Miami having. Add the pastel clothing and apartment buildings, gorgeous cars, and great city design, and you have yourself a winner. Oh yeah, and the main storyline mission itself is great also, which Rockstar never gets wrong.The GTA San Andreas main storyline missions were equal or better than the Vice City storyline missions. The problem was that the whole game was spread over three cities, and none of the cities felt as fleshed out or as well done as either Liberty City or Vice City. At gunpoint, I would choose Los Santos as my favorite despite my leanings towards San Fierro, mostly because it was the most thought out of the three cities. The game's radio was good, but not as great as Vice City's. It's still a great game, although having grown up in the 90's, I still can't identify with much of the game. Must be an East Coast/West Coast thing. And after playing those games, check out GTA IV. It's supposed to blow the GTA III games out the water completely, but that doesn't diminish the greatness of those games one bit. The problem is that you'll need a XBox 360 or Playstation 3 to play it, and they're both still pretty pricey. It's also coming out on PC on November 18th in the U.S., but its system requirements are mindblowing.P.S. Vice City was what got me into Miami Vice. From gorgeous Stinger (Ferrari Daytona) to the Miami-like locale, from Philip Michael Thomas' voicework to the actual Vice detectives chasing you at three stars in the Testarossa, I just couldn't say no to watching Miami Vice when it came on, even though it was 2 in the morning.

Guest neworder
P.S. Vice City was what got me into Miami Vice. From gorgeous Stinger (Ferrari Daytona) to the Miami-like locale' date=' from Philip Michael Thomas' voicework to the actual Vice detectives chasing you at three stars in the Testarossa.[/quote']SAME HERE LOL!!!! Dont forget crocketts theme on emotion radio station.

SAME HERE LOL!!!! Dont forget crocketts theme on emotion radio station.

Same here with Crockett's Theme. I didn't know what it was called when I started playing it, but it was the perfect music for driving alongside the beach.

So it's unanimous, Vice City! :clap:After playing it for 2 years almost daily, I love VC.When I'm at the inlaws, I bring it with me, along with VCS. But mainly I just ride around in VC, listening to the great tracks.Emotion is awesome, especially Fernando. Then of course, you will need to get on Amazon.com to buy the box set soundrack. I have that too, and the only thing missing is "Japanese Boy" as well as the comments between songs by the DJ's. I mean, hell that's part of the greatness of Emotion. Fernando's comments are just down right hilarious. Get the game, you will thank us!Plus I think it's about 19 dollars now, if not cheaper. I personally got the guide for it by Brady Games to help me. That's your decision though.

about Vice city storiesVCS Pure Junk & a watered down version of the psp version. Vice city is a classic, San Andreas is watered down & overclocked VCI have GTA IV on ps3 its powerful, but lacks the charm of VC.Some people got into Miami Vice because of Vice city. For me it was the opposite, I'm a Original 80's viewer of Miami Vice & was introduced to GTA VC by some friends & was hooked. That was 2002 & since then have re-newed my interest in MV. I still have my ps2 & VC but have not played it in quite a while.On the upside the players in GTA IV talk at the end of the story about heading to Vice City & you know what that means!

Really?Interesting....I'd buy a PS3 if they came out with another VC.

GTA IV is coming out on PC soon. The only thing is that its recommended requirements are ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, guys. I now have a box from Ebay with Vice City for PC arriving possibly later today or tommorow. I'll let you know how it goes.