Que pasa mangs and womangs!...

DizzyIzzy

Well i'm proud to say i'm a new member of the best MV site on the interwebz, .WS!... I'm formerly Tikideezz on that OTHER site, but here is where I belong!... During the mid to late 80s it was a sure bet on where you could find me and my best friends on Friday nights! Yup, laying on the floor eating popcorn watching the vice! It has been such a great influence, has given me entertainment, great music and much more since it's inception. But most important of all, it was the reason I met my beautiful new wife! Now who can really argue with having a wife that wants to watch vice WITH you instead of "Oh no, are you watching vice AGAIN?"...lol!... Her and I seem to have a much deeper connection with vice that follows us around everywhere, and I mean everywhere we go. For example, when we were starting to look for a place to live in TO, we went to check out a condo building downtown. Well the street we parked on to check it out was Ricardo Ave. And as we are leaving, a few streets over on a billboard is Jimmy Smits promoting a new show of his. Another example: In Ontario, they have what they call LCBO's to sell liquor, beer and wine as it's illegal to sell it in grocery stores. We walk in the front door, and they are giving samples of the new Smirnoff Mojito mix. Yes, I know Sonny never drank them in the show, but it is a popular drink of Miami. So we're looking around the store trying to decide on our libations for the night, and the song "Walking the Dinosaur" by Was Not Was comes over the speakers. I already know what's coming up, so I turn to her when the line of "The sun was spitting fire, the sky was blue as ice, I felt a little tired, so I watched Miami Vice". And this was the very next stop after visiting the condo building. Sometimes the universe just screams where and who you're supposed to be with! But alas, I have saved the best for last. The condo building downtown did not work out, so we started a new search. We made contact with a gentleman who was wanting to rent his place as he had just moved in with his girlfriend a few months earlier. On the day we had arranged for the showing, we had some time to kill before our time, so we stopped at a Pickle Barrel for lunch. So we sit down, open the menu and under the drinks what is listed?.. BAM!.. A drink called the Miami Vice. Turns out to be basically a pina colada-strawberry daiquiri mx with a little 151 on top!... Dayum it's good too!Here is a link to one realtor's write up on the building... http://www.findmeacondo.com/search/?bid=8019Yes you read that right! Once again, the universe screams to us! So obviously we want the place, and everything works out. We have a buzzer system at the front to let our friends in and when we first saw the list of names in the building, we about had a heart attack! As we're looking down the list of names , in big black bold letters is the last name of CASTILLO!... Whoa! And right underneath you can see the name Collins, as is Uncle Phil!...But that's not even the best part!.. Ok well it is, but in addition too, the street RIGHT across from the building is MANN Ave!.. MANN ave!... BUAHAHAHAHAHA!... Good thing I don't have much hair left because I would've pulled it all out on that day we moved in and noticed all these most unbelievable coincidences! Yes fellow vicers, the universe has a strange way of telling you where you're supposed to be and who you're supposed to be with in life! So now that i've bored you all with my wall of text, all I can say is it's great to be home here at the .WS with all of you!:shout:

• Administrators

Hey, welcome DizzyIzzy! Nice to have you here. :tasse_prost:Thanks also for your nice introduction. Looks like your life is really involved with VICE! Great stories! :glossy:Edit:By the way: Your avatar is great! Made by Shill? Or by yourself?

Welcome aboard indeed!Very funny story and I love the coincidences. I too am a solid fan from way back. Your little tale makes mine look meek in comparison:oI know the building you speek of as you litterally live right down the street from me (I'm about five miles away) Great pastel colours there and the place looks HUGE? Good for you, as I am living in a very small place near Leslie & Finch. The Square footage of that place would allow for some great glass brick dividers...:balloon:You'll have to come out for a boat ride in the summer when I come over to Toronto Island for a trip. I usually hang on the south shore of the Lake in St.Catharines.ttyl...

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!... Ell.a, I make those gifs myself... You will probably see them switched out from time to time as I easily get bored and wanna change after a while...lol!Cheers Miamijim!... I'm a bit familiar with Fl as I lived in Orlando for a few years and have been going to the keys, specifically Summerland key, since I was about 5. My wife and I wanna make a Miami trip and do some vice spotting and then drive down thru the keys as she never has before. I envy your weather because I just moved to Toronto a few months ago. Quite a change from coastal NC!...That's cool you know the building Stinger!... This will be my first winter in Toronto, but after seeing your boat and having such a gracious invite, i'm already wishing for warmer temps, a broken-in blender and the sweet smell of coconut sunscreen on the water!...We'll definitely have to get together and talk vice and swap stories!

Hi DizzyIzzy, Glad to meet you. I know you'll love it here, it's a great place for Vice lovers and making friends. I love the drink, thanks for telling us about it and what's in it, how cool is that one? Sue

Leslie and Finch eh?! Cool! You have another fellow Torontonian here! I'm the northwest side of the city though! Nice to have you aboard!:thumbsup:

Thanks CrockettsGrl!... Here's a linky to the actual recipe so you can get the measurements and ingredients correct!...http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink387.htmlThanks for the welcome ViceChic!... I'm at Bayview and Eglinton in the "Miami" building!.. Even the letter on the front window for the address is in the broadway type font... I'll try and get a pic later on this week. And for the other peeps in the GTA, get ready for that snow storm tomorrow!... And for the rest of you in warmer climates, IE pretty much anywhere else but here, enjoy it for us!

• 1 month later...

Dizzy izzy welcome my friend to the site!! your boating reputation preceeds you my friend ha ha ju know the classics father knows best leave it to ju beaver senior burnett nice to see you again and you you bring the money sorry i couldn't resistwelcome

DizzyIzzy,I thouroughly enjoyed your story. Funkay Honkay! It was a fun read.When you get a second, gotta check out the Cooper&Burnett scrapbook section on this site. There you will see some very cool actual MIAMI VICE cast and crew items, and blazers that I own from my personal collection that Don Johnson wore on the show. Hope you enjoy this site, and we look forward to more of your interesting posts!- Cooper&Burnett

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the welcomes again everyone!... Yeah yeah I know, the pics. If the weather cooperates I hope to take some good shots tomorrow and post then!Hey Stinger I read in another thread you hope to be runnin by the first weekend in May. That invite still open? If so, the wifey and I will make sure to have our Wayfarers clean and the cooler filled!