The Dutch Oven

Noogy

hello folksVery first topic in here, please roll the drums. It feesl like i'm a newbie again lolAfter watching the Dutch Oven, i've realized there are 3 songs which take up a lot of room in the ep. This is usually done to "kill time", meaning when the script is poor they just run some music so that they don't have to create dialogues. It means less work to do and frankly it's quite obvious and looks cheap to the audience because we are no fools. Songs are part of MV, but in the Dutch Oven it is obvious that they were used inadequately. But then, the ep was directed by Abel Ferrara as you all know, and he's a talented director. I wonder how he came to accept that. Did you guys noticed this as well?

• Administrators

I really didn't notice about the songs part. I thought the ep. was pretty good in general. I liked Trudy's confusion about what to do with a friend of a friend that was over the line but didn't know if she should get involved.The songs that were chosen were pretty good too IMHO.

noogy!!!the songs killing time were very obviousdutch oven has always been one of the 'weaker' eps imo, although it gave us a change to get to know trudy betteri dont know, but i find it hard to pay attention due to the poor storyline and the confusing interaction between sonny and trudywhere did that massage came from?!

The party on the boat had music way, waaaay too long. I have always thought it was just too much.I have JAN HAMMER's unreleased theme, "TRUDY" on cd from that episode that I might release here on this site sometime.-coop

noogy!!!the songs killing time were very obviousdutch oven has always been one of the 'weaker' eps imo' date=' although it gave us a change to get to know trudy betteri dont know, but i find it hard to pay attention due to the poor storyline and the confusing interaction between sonny and trudywhere did that massage came from?![/quote']I also found it hard to pay attention,but it was not as bad as missing hours! I fell asleep on that one

I also found it hard to pay attention' date='but it was not as bad as missing hours! I fell asleep on that one[/quote']Space aliens put you to sleep after abducting you! :D

where did that massage came from?!

Exactly. A bottle of wine and those 2 would have been rocking all night long :pNow that would have been cool' date=' but was the audience ready to see a white cop date a black cop at the time? I mean we saw Sonny date white girls only if i'm not mistaken...I still think the misuse of music is quite obvious in that ep, but it's not the only ep where it happened. [/color']

• 1 month later...

I watched DO last night.I have to say, I didn't like it at all.It was too confusing, scene transitions were hectic and loose, and lil bit too much dramatizing in general.The plot had potential, sure killing any man is certainly a tough pill to swallow and one would definitely have issues about it, dilemmas and constant contemplations about what happened, but I think it was not executed properly.Giancarlo Esposito was funny to me with that 80's street slang, I really liked that. I would rate this ep 5/10.

I didn't notice that,the episode bored me to tears,by the way,Cooper&Burnett,will you stop flying your spaceship over my house?!You're scaring my dog!