when and why

sunnyburnett

Why did Vice make such a turn in the third season????No more trading leads...Crockett showNo more 80's pop and R&BNo more musical guestNo more Elvis (when was his last show)Did Crockett become the boss because it seemed like everyone answered to himafter season two.....yuck

By S2 it was clear that Johnson was the breakout star of the show.Plus there were reports that he was thinking bout pullin a David Caruso. So my guess is the focus was shifted more on Crockett to keep from losing him.According to reports Don had developed a huge ego as well.So I'm guessin that MV was less fun behind the scenes, most likely a factor in Diehl quitting as well.Another Dick Wolf show is going through the same thing now, L&0:SVU.When it debuted in 1999, it was an ensemble show.Where all the characters got eppys that focused on them.This continued until S6, when Hartigay won an Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy.And co-star Meloni received nominations. Despite that, he still is the "Tubbs" to her Crockett.Wolf and Neal Baer proclaimed her the REAL star of SVU, then it became the Olivia Benson show from S7 onwards.Like with MV, the supporting cast became glorified extras and everything revolves around Benson.With Meloni's chracter getting some crumbs from the writers.

Yeah....I watch SVU and you can see who the star is. Ice - T and the other would get an ep every now and then, but it doesn't seem like it now.It's just amazing the difference from season 2 to season 3 -5. Crockett and Tubbs don't seem like friends...no joking...hardly any laughs....Crockett is always if front of Tubbs....He tells Tubbs "Go catch him please...in season 1 and 2 they would at least flip a coin. lol!!!! What's funny is Crockett doesn't even treat the Lt like his boss after season 2/3....Crockett seems to run the show. I just love season 1 and 2....Crockett pulling up as Tubbs jumps in the car with 80's music playing....Tubbs and Crockett as equals.... Imagine if the show never changed (just updated).....the show could have went on for 10 years...

Yeah....I watch SVU and you can see who the star is. Ice - T and the other would get an ep every now and then' date=' but it doesn't seem like it now.It's just amazing the difference from season 2 to season 3 -5. Crockett and Tubbs don't seem like friends...no joking...hardly any laughs....Crockett is always if front of Tubbs....He tells Tubbs "Go catch him please...in season 1 and 2 they would at least flip a coin. lol!!!! What's funny is Crockett doesn't even treat the Lt like his boss after season 2/3....Crockett seems to run the show. I just love season 1 and 2....Crockett pulling up as Tubbs jumps in the car with 80's music playing....Tubbs and Crockett as equals.... Imagine if the show never changed (just updated).....the show could have went on for 10 years...[/quote'] The structural problem with MV is that they killed the core concept pretty fast when they got rid of the Calderone storyline. It was the reason Tubbs came to Miami in the first place. After S2, the show had to reinvent itself and focused on 'ripping the headlines'... Only problem is that it created an imbalance where the characters storylines were left behind and the producers tried to milk DJ fame to the max to maintain viewers. It was not what people tuned in in the first season and it ran dry season over season.From what I read, the core people who created the original concept left by S2 and the people brought in did not fully get what people had loved at first.Interestingly enough the Crockett they brought back in 2010 is the S1/S2 CrockettthxJ.

It all started with the loss of pastels' date=' and it was over when JAN HAMMER left.[/quote'] AMEN! The first thing that bothered me in season 3 was the change in Crockett's wardrobe.. I don't like these dark-colored, "bomber jacket"-style blousons..

AMEN! The first thing that bothered me in season 3 was the change in Crockett's wardrobe.. I don't like these dark-colored' date=' "bomber jacket"-style blousons..[/quote'] Especially in Miami too. Ninety degree weather, extreme humidity, and he's wearing dark clothes. Wow. No wonder he complained it was hot.

The series had to reinvent itself, the show had to appeal to as many people as possble, etc etc... Stated maaany times before. Still, It could've been interesting to see if Mann would have stayed in the charge of the style and kept on going with the original concept. I don't feel that when Dick started to steer the show to a different direction it was a bad thing. It was just a necessity. There are loads of good and many stellar eps in the three last season too. Chemistry between Crockett and Tubbs stayed the same in my eyes throughout the series. From my point of view Crockett just became more and more burnout as the series progressed. Just like everything else, relationships change too. When the world is falling down on you, taking on gangsters and dealing with issues like shooting youngsters or the seemingly endless flood of narcotics to Miami. In this overwhelming atmosphere it might be a tad hard to joke about stuff and stay cheery all the time. Tubbs maybe realized this and started to back down a little bit.