Who is your favourite Vice gangster?

Guest neworder

Guest neworder

Who is your favourite Vice gangster?Im categorizing this as a gangster who appeared in more than 1 episode, so in other words played a significant role and influence in a series of eps.Do feel free to shout at me if you think ive missed any out lolSJB

Hands down Alfredo Guillini from Down For The Count 2. A combination of Bugsy Siegel and Charles Manson. 'nuff said. An impossibly cool ice blooded badass with so many great lines. They should've brought him back in another episode.Joe Dallesandro was awesome in that part. He also made the best ever screen Lucky Luciano in The Cotton Club. Why the hell wasn't he ever on The Sopranos?

This is not a good poll question.Burnett is not a true gangster! He's a cop with amnesia. Anyone whe loves DJ will vote for him. Lombard is the most likeable for me.........but Mosca played a gangster to the hilt! Mosca gets my vote .......if I were to vote. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

I love Lombard because he's a kind of "gentleman gangsta" :DHe still has a feeling for honor and duty.Mosca is a real sleeze ball (like Crockett would say).El Gato is just crazy.My second choice would be Calderone because he is THE archetype of a bad person: irresponsible, malicious and real baaaad ...Burnettt, well he would be my third choice. He's bad as hell, sleeky and plays chess with humans. But in my book he doesn't count as a real gangster... Maybe if there had been more Burnett epoisodes my choice would have been different. :cool:

Yeah, but in the land of MV real men wear pink, and feel free to cry when they please.Why should gay guys be the only ones who can have close male friends? That's one thing that sucks about modern culture. You are straight and have a close male friend, and people view that as a gay thing. I hate that :thumbsdown:.

If you want to come out of this then feel free! :D:DEingefügtes BildOnly joking Richie! :D I know what you mean. I fancied the Wire's sister while we're on the subject though.

No jumping out of closets for me. I am making an attempt to jump back into dating, but this is a sucky area to try to meet women. Too many high tech companies, who hire lots of male engineers, and then there is the military and Cape Kennedy, who also hire lots of guys. Seems like the ratio 3 to 1, men to women. I just love hearing about how thanks for the invitation but some other guy is going to call and ask me out for Saturday, so no thanks. That's how most of my conversations with single women go. Sorry to drag this into dating, I will stop venting now, and go drink a few mojitos until I pass out. Nighty night.

• Administrators

I really like Burnett's dark side. He was great, but in my opinion, as was previously stated, he was not a true gangster. He was a cop with amnesia which is why I didn't vote for him. Was he ruthless? Yes. Was he cunning? Yes. Was he innovative? Yes. Was he...you get the point here. He was great, but not really a true gangster.For me, Lombard was the stereotypical gangster.JMHO here.

Guest neworder

At least you got a nice climate there. Currently freezin over here in Brit land! :(

F**king hell mate i hear you, just woken up to snow in Durham grrrrrrCant believe someones voted for El Gato and no ones voted for calderone lolAnd the guy from viking bikers isnt in it because its all about recurring vice gangsters who did more than just one episode.

I love Lombard because he's a kind of "gentleman gangsta" :D

What Ell.a said is absoluty right.Further you feel a little bit with Lombard in Season five when he was shot. More over Dennis Farina played the best gangster of all.

I really like Burnett's dark side. He was great' date=' but in my opinion, as was previously stated, he was not a true gangster. He was a cop with amnesia which is why I didn't vote for him. Was he ruthless? Yes. Was he cunning? Yes. Was he innovative? Yes. Was he...you get the point here. He was great, but not really a true gangster.For me, Lombard was the stereotypical gangster.JMHO here.[/quote']I wish I could add something, but you said it all, Tim. :clap:

I skim the line, slidersOk, so I didn't see Burnett on there. I was thinking gansters that Crockett and Tubbs went after and saw my personal fav, Lombard. I love him cause he's old school and the guys ended up in the end liking him too. But I loved the Burnett Trilogy, my fav in season 4 and beginning of 5. He is everything Tim said and I agree. He would have taken over Florida and then ran up the Eastern Coast. He had the brains and knew how Law Enforcement worked.....I just adored him and how he used people against each other and stood just watching it play out. Oh , what a man for a bad a**! Sue:clap:

I agree with Ell. a and HHVice. Lombard was a gangster, but a nice person too.

What Ell.a said is absoluty right.Further you feel a little bit with Lombard in Season five when he was shot. More over Dennis Farina played the best gangster of all.

My vote goes to Lombard, a true gangster, ep. Lombard is one of my favourites. His vermicelli were definitely weird-looking :cry: I mean I wouldn't have eaten them but hey we're not talking about Lombard's cooking abilities, are we?

but this is a sucky area to try to meet women. Too many high tech companies' date=' who hire lots of male engineers, and then there is the military and Cape Kennedy, who also hire lots of guys. Seems like the ratio 3 to 1, men to women. [/quote']WOW! Sound promising for me! ;) I can imagine how you feel but we can swap places: here there are more women than men!

• 7 months later...
Well I do apologise Tony D' date=' if its not so good why have you answered?[/quote']I answered, Neworder, because it is a good discussion question. I didn't vote in the poll, though. :checkbox:

Guest neworder
I answered' date=' Neworder, because it is a good discussion question. I didn't vote in the poll, though. :checkbox:[/quote']Took you half a year to reply to that, well done, I'd forgotten all about creating this thread, suppose it did stop many months ago!

Well, I voted El Gato, just a fun gangster to watch, although his outfits are an eyesore, he is so over the top it's almost hilarious.