Miami Vice Themed shooting competition in FL USA. Need Prop Ideas and help!

Min Uzi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2798[/ATTACH]Howdy everyone, I wish I had found this forum a long time ago! I am putting on a Miami Vice themed shooting event here in Florida using real legal machine guns for a group of firearm enthusiasts. I'm basing some of the stages off of shoot out scenes from the following EpisodesEl ViejoThe MazeKnock knock who's thereAnd Two from Free FallSo far I've got an inflatable Elvis, briefcases, fake drugs and money and I'm looking for some good ideas on reproducing or obtaining badges and ID cards for Crockett and Tubbs to give to the competitors as well as any other prop ideas for the match.Does anyone have a good jpg photo of a badge I could print out or the ID cards used with their badges?Thanks!-Todd-Todd

Hi Todd!Welcome to our website!I hope you stick around after the MIAMI VICE themed shooting competition, and enjoy our site!I've sent you a PM (private message)Once again, WELCOME!-COOP

What about the three hanging mannequins? You know, those silver ones from the Beginning of "Evan." You'd be amiss if those weren't included.

Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome. The event is going to be Feb 6th near Melbourne Florida. The match is an invite only event since those attending must meet a certain minimum level of firearm proficiency participate. If you guys have semi auto , pistol caliber firearms (uzi,ar-15 etc..) we could hook up in the Miami area between now and the event. Here's a bit of Miami Vice history you guys may not have seen before... They are not mine but they once were used by Tubbs. A guy was selling them online a year ago for about $3500 for the pair and he has one of Tubbs holsters for the shotgun [ATTACH=CONFIG]2822[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2824[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2825[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2826[/ATTACH]

post-9994-13892963340962_thumb.jpg

post-9994-13892963341172_thumb.jpg

post-9994-13892963341361_thumb.jpg

post-9994-13892963341554_thumb.jpg

post-9994-1389296334174_thumb.jpg

The seller said they are mossberg 9000 that was made by wilson arms with a folding forearm and one that has a fixed forearm [ATTACH=CONFIG]2827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2828[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2829[/ATTACH]

post-9994-13892963341927_thumb.jpg

post-9994-13892963342132_thumb.jpg

post-9994-13892963342322_thumb.jpg

post-9994-13892963342515_thumb.jpg

What about the three hanging mannequins? You know' date=' those silver ones from the Beginning of "Evan." You'd be amiss if those weren't included.[/quote'] Neat idea, I'm not sure where to get my hands on any of those... do you?

I have Don Johnson´s phone number just in case of a cameo.

Hook it up... :) Tell him we'll supply the guns and ammo he just needs to show up :D

• 1 month later...

Here is a video with some of the shooting from the competition that happened on Sunday.

had 47 people show up and a lot of smiling faces throughout the day. If any of you guys are interested in partaking in it next year drop me a line.

Man it looks like a lot of fun!:clap:I couldn't stop smiling while watching it.:)Great job there guys... I wish i could have been there!

The club does IDPA, IPSC, cowboy and Subgun shooting in the action area. They have had subgun matches there for 20+ years. It's a lesser known sport but man.. is it fun.If any of you FL guys are interested in checking out the competitions up there drop me a note... all you need is a pistol caliber carbine in full auto or semi-auto and you are good to go. All firearms must be legal, registered and have proper paperwork. Also in the event any of you are interested we might do another one but themed on the A-Team :) Break out your gold chains and mohawks.-Todd

Here is a video with some of the shooting from the competition that happened on Sunday.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=m28hrfbzVlQ

had 47 people show up and a lot of smiling faces throughout the day. If any of you guys are interested in partaking in it next year drop me a line.
Looked like a clever, and fun day! Loved seeing people dress VICE-like! Were there winners, or was this a no contest affair?Were you in any of the shots of the video?(wish you would have name dropped our website on the video. :cry::cry:

There were a lot of winners, trophies given out and prizes awarded. One person won a Galco Miami Classic Holster which Galco was kind enough to give us for the event. Yes I'm in the video... I won't say where but I think I was the best dressed. I completely forgot to drop this forum URL on the videos... I'll add it to the text on the youtube page

I completely forgot to drop this forum URL on the videos... I'll add it to the text on the youtube page

Thank you!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:

Sounds like s fun event but I have a bone to pick with the server. I'm up here in the Great White North and when I click on the video it says "not available in your area"Wtf??? What ever happened to internet freedom?just my two cents.......lets start a revolution?

Sounds like s fun event but I have a bone to pick with the server. I'm up here in the Great White North and when I click on the video it says "not available in your area"Wtf??? What ever happened to internet freedom?just my two cents.......lets start a revolution?

Blame youtube.. i'm not sure why you can't view it a lot of others have. Where are you located?

Stinger try this:

it seems to be an embeding issue only atleast on my end up here in ma, and damn it I wish I could join you guys.and WOW a Sterling submachine gun at 2:08 the last time I saw them in anything was 1967's "You Only Live Twice" and OHMSS