two unidentified objects in "Whatever Works"

LNGLK

• Administrators

The green one is an old fashion scale. I have the same one from my dad that we used to measure the power when reloading. I wonder if the other is some kind of pump for a water bottle?

• Administrators

Hard to tell from the picture but the thing next to Zito looks like a water can we used to use on the fire department called an Indian Tank. It was filled with plain water. You wore it like a back pack. There was a handle you pumped to build pressure and a small hose with a nozzel to shoot the water. It was for putting out small brush fires in wooded areas where the fire engine can't go.

• Administrators

It looks like there is a 5 gallon water bottle sitting on Zito's desk next to his shoulder. If you zoom in on the pic, you can see it has a hand pump to get the water out on top.The two headed thingy is on the other desk behind them. I doubt if they are connected as one would have to do the limbo to get through between the desks. These look to me to be two separate items.

The green one is an old fashion scale. I have the same one from my dad that we used to measure the power when reloading.

I'm VERY sorry for my poor English... :o :oCould you please explain, what can be measured with a "fashion scale'?:confused:

• Administrators

Sorry for the terminology. What I meant is it is an older scale from about 30 years ago. I have the same one at home. We used it to measure the gun power when reloading bullets. It measures grams which is most likely why it is on a Vice desk as they may be using it to measure coke/drugs with it.Don't worry your English is great!

timm525Ferrariman Thank you for explanations :blumen:

There was a handle you pumped to build pressure and a small hose with a nozzel to shoot the water. It was for putting out small brush fires in wooded areas where the fire engine can't go.

What could this tank be used for in the Vice department? ?(

• Administrators

For drinking.In America, those bottles are common for going on top of water coolers. If you don't have a cooler that refrigerates the water to make it cold to drink, you can buy a hand pump like the one on it. The pump draws out the water into your cup but the temperature of the water will be room temperature as it is not refrigerated.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

I guess that could be it but that container looks like it's made of metal to me. Now that I'm thinking about it, could that be one of Switek & Zito's bug sprayers?

I worked for a guy a while back who used to weigh his mail on this type of scale.....So he would know the appropriate amount of postage to use..This may have been the case at the OCB....With all that paperwork....Just a guess...but that`s the first thing tha came to my mind...

• Administrators

OK, just re-watched the DVD. F-man wins the 100 points!It is a bug pump sprayer. You can see it better on the DVD with a big screen TV. It is a metal can. At the top is a "D" shaped handle that has a shaft going into the top middle of the can. At the one end of the top is the brown hose that comes off it and it goes up and curls around into the handle and then attaches to the side of the can.The "hose" through me as it looked like it was attached to the other desk but it is not.Hard to make out in this pic but watch the DVD.Eingefügtes Bild

Scales of various types were common "trophies" in drug units. The triple beams on Crockett's desk (the ones the red helicopter sits on) were the most common, but several types were used and seized by law enforcement. Now everthing is digital.

For drinking.In America' date=' those bottles are common for going on top of water coolers. [/quote'] ;) Not only in America ;) but I don't think they are metal ones ;)

• 4 months later...