Relocating back home...

Icemanmike

If there is such a thing. Well folks, we moved from Grand Rapids Michigan to Oak Ridge Tennessee last September and well... its been a catastrophy ever since. Great news though...I was able to land a job back in Michigan and live in the house I left behind(which is still in good standing) and pick up where we left off. I cannot tell you how happy this makes Susan and myself! Just never know until ya try and there's only one home I know and were headed back there- both our home town. Prolly be off the board for a week or so and just wanted to say bye for a little bit. May have lots to talk about and alot of catching up to do with friends and family. See ya in a few days, Mike...:clap::clap::D:D:dance::dance::dance::dance2::dance2::dance2:

• Administrators

Great to hear some good news for a change! Congrats Mike! We'll all still be here when you get settled.There's truly no place like home!

Yes both of you are right... there is no place like home. Susan made a suggestion and I must say...Music to pack by..Jan Hammer is awesome! The complete edition is, well, great for just about any occasion. Don't you think?..Mike

Yes both of you are right... there is no place like home. Susan made a suggestion and I must say...Music to pack by..Jan Hammer is awesome! The complete edition is' date=' well, great for just about any occasion. Don't you think?..Mike[/quote']JAN HAMMER......Anytime, ...ALL THE TIME! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx COOP, youre awesome!!!... OK, back in the saddle again and it feels wonderful to be home again...Even with a blizzard that followed us two days later! No, really. Great to be back and took some time to get Dish network and uverse hooked up...Hey, there's a channel I never had before with my dish HD called Centric and at 6 am eastern time(week days) they play Vice... Talk about hard to get going to work... Anyone else know about this??? Cool, yet...I dunno... It's even in HD! :thumbsup:...Mike

Thanx COOP' date=' youre awesome!!!... OK, back in the saddle again and it feels wonderful to be home again...Even with a blizzard that followed us two days later! No, really. Great to be back and took some time to get Dish network and uverse hooked up...Hey, there's a channel I never had before with my dish HD called Centric and at 6 am eastern time(week days) they play Vice... Talk about hard to get going to work... Anyone else know about this??? Cool, yet...I dunno... It's even in HD! :thumbsup:...Mike[/quote']Any channel that carries VICE is A-O.K. with me! :thumbsup:Soooo glad your back Mike! :clap:

Yes both of you are right... there is no place like home. Susan made a suggestion and I must say...Music to pack by..Jan Hammer is awesome! The complete edition is' date=' well, great for just about any occasion. Don't you think?..Mike[/quote']When I tried to assemble Ikea small shelves I wasn't listening to Jan Hammer's music.Could it be the reason why I didn't succeed? :)Next time I have to deal with something similar, I'll follow your advice: surely I won't be able to assemble anything, but at least I'll listen to great music!!! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear things worked out Mike!Being uprooted is bad enough as I know first hand being a transient employee! Finding a place to live and settling in is always hard but it sounds like you lucked out to get back int eh same house. Good on ya!Hope the new job works out well as I know how difficult things are in Michigan with the gig industries all leaving over the last decade or so. ( I watch a lot of Michael Moore stuff hahahahahaha)The only drawback is if the wife makes you remodoel or re0decorate!!!!:D