Trini Desoto, Izzy?

CROCKETT 81

I'm new to the board so hello everyone. Had to ask this question and it may have come up before. First let me say that I absolutely LOVE Izzy....BUT..., what's your take on the fact that he was the Trini Desoto character in the pilot? And that he got shot and looked to have been killed. Are the producers making us think that he survived and turned into what we come to know as Izzy? OR.. did they think we weren't paying attention enough to notice? OR.. did they just not give a damn? Curious on everyone's opinion on this. It's always bothered me.

• Administrators

There are tons of pilots filmed for TV every year that never make it to series. Most are never even seen so my guess is the writers, producers, etc. never gave it a second thought at the time. That plus I believe Izzy didn't appear until "The Great McCarthy" I think? I'm sure they thought we'd never notice.

I suppose. Funny to imagine they'd actually think Nobody would notice. I mean come on....he's the last person you'd be able to disguise...the accent alone:D

Were any of the others killed in a previous episode?

Miguel Pinero: Appeared as Calderone in S1, killed by Sonny in the episode Calderone's Demise. Reppeared as a new character in the S2 premiere Prodigal Son.Recycling actors was a common practice on Miami Vice.

I agree with Ferrariman. The producers didn´t think that anyone would remember that Trini and Izzy were the same persons.In my opinion, they were thinking about putting a small criminal in the series that could give Rico and Sonny some information sometimes and who could add a variety to different eps where his character was used.