What was your first experience with Miami Vice?

codemaster94

I watched The Wedding Singer and heard of the antagonist noting that the Summer just had reruns. Also, the theme is heard in his DeLorean. What's your first experience?

The first time I was aware of it was my friend, Jason told me that there was a show on TV that had exotic cars in it (we both liked the exotics).He told me that the show was on Friday, so I watched an episode. It was GLADES.That was my introduction to MIAMI VICE.

In 1984/85 I stayed in sunny Perth,Western Australia with my family for about half a year.My parents talked with friends about that new show MIAMI VICE.Sadly I was not permitted to watch it beacuse of my young age.:)I forgot about it for years...Then a few years ago, german televisionrepeated MIAMI VICE and -what should I say- I fell in love.The hot weather and the palm trees reminded me of my time in Australia!That was my first experience with Miami Vice.

In 1984/85 I stayed in sunny Perth' date='Western Australia with my family for about half a year.My parents talked with friends about that new show MIAMI VICE.Sadly I was not permitted to watch it beacuse of my young age.:)I forgot about it for years...Then a few years ago, german televisionrepeated MIAMI VICE and -what should I say- I fell in love.The hot weather and the palm trees reminded me of my time in Australia!That was my first experience with Miami Vice.[/quote'] i was just born when the series came on tv the first time,but i can remember watching them when i was around 5 years old,when they aired the series again on german tv,in the very early 90s,just at the time when beverly hills 90210 was really big here,which i also watched,i cant remember that much from childhood,those are the few things i remember.my mum was a big miami vice fan,and still loves to watch the episodes,she told me she even had don johnson posters on her bedroom wall in the 80s(why hasnt she kept them:cry:)

I was doing lessons and listening to smth, my mom was watching in the next room. By the time the chase "a car vs a boat" started in the Pilot, I came to the conclusion that I should take my lessons to the next room and go and do them in front of the TV ;)So I started watching when Crockett jumped in the boat Tubbs had hijacked from himVery soon my mom stopped watching, but I watched nearly all the episodes. I think it was in January 1995

My Mom was given the box set of the first two seasons for her birthday...my parents tried to sell the show to my brother and I as "an eighties cop show with lots of guns"...and then my mom said that the "lead cop was rather fit".We'd heard loads about it (my brother and I) because it was part of my parents' generation-but I always thought it would be dated (wrong!) and boring (how wrong can one eighteen year old be!?)So we sat down one Saturday night, watched the Pilot episode, and have done so every Saturday since then, watching one or two episodes each week! I was sold by the end of Heart of Darkness--because I instantly fell in love with sophisticated and slick Tubbs. (I'm fickle-I'll take either of them now! :happy: )Now it's the highlight of my week!So there was my first experience! My goodness, I am so glad the DVD boxset was in the sale at HMV!

Before Miami Vice started in Germany in December 1986 I read about it in some TV Guides and newspapers. I thought that it sounds good - and Don Johnson was the coolest and most handsome man I ever had seen! So I must watch the pilot - and than the 2nd and the 3rd and I love it so much! I fell in love in 1986 - and it never stopped until today! :happy:

It was the summer of 2006 and I heard lots of a Miami Vice movie. So I watched a preview of NBC dvds available on a Magnum PI disc set I had and watched the Miami Vice Segment. I was pretty thrilled. I had no Idea it would be dark, stylish, and have great leading actors, actors that knew what serious was. I always like Magnum and Knight Rider, but I now stumbled onto Miami Vice. I didn't have it, and I didn't want to buy it. To my surprise though, there was a special sneek peek of the MV 2006 movie on TV. NBC was going to air the original Pilot of Miami Vice with scenes of the new movie played at commercial breaks. Well I love everything eighties and this was my chance to see what Miami Vice was all about.That opening scene, up to the point where Tubbs runs out into the street, had me captivated. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be, it was real, not like the A-team etc. It hooked me instantly. The careful cinematography, the use of color (which I hold high, as I'm an artist) and the moody music pulled me right in. At the commercial break I ran to my girlfriend to tell her what I just witnessed. I was amazed. I'd never seen anything like it. This is my style of show.Eingefügtes Bild

Sadly I have to admit I'm an old fart and watched the show since it first aired.Watched re-runs back in the nineties on TNN and put up with the commercials...YUK!Now I have the DVD set complete and watch often to keep my mind young?????????????????????????????:rain::glossy:

Sadly I have to admit I'm an old fart and watched the show since it first aired.Watched re-runs back in the nineties on TNN and put up with the commercials...YUK!Now I have the DVD set complete and watch often to keep my mind young?????????????????????????????:rain::glossy:

Don't say that, Stinger390X because if you're an old fart, it makes me an old fartette! :):):)I was 16 when the show became popular in the U.S.A. but unfortunately I couldn't watch it then on the Polish TV. Now that I watched "Bushido" and "Heroes of the Revolution", I probably know why. Still, the fashion and the music were popular here - I still have (and wear!) those Crockett's style shoes and old Jan Hammer tapes. "Miami Vice" appeared on our TV in 1990, as far as I remember and it became a big hit but sadly, I was at university then and had more interesting things to do than watching the telly. I guess I must have seen some odd episodes, though but it was no fun as I like listening to the original dialogue.When MV started appearing on DVDs in 2008 here (four episodes every month, until last December), it was like a revelation to me and I became hooked!

for me,it was 19 september 1986 in france.it s my school friend who say to me,there is a new série who s calling "deux flics a miami" in france.and my mother say:i don't want you look that":shout:and i became a fan:happy:

As Sonny68 told, before the pilot aired in Germany in 1986, there were many articles in several newspapers about the show and the main actors, and, of course, many commercials to make us all attentive to the show.I saw PMT in the articles and in the commercials and I thought that he was the best looking guy I´d ever seen.:happy:I watched the series from the beginning and when it was repeated somewhere in the 90´s.I was always sad that the show ended after 112 eps. For me, it could have continued for ages.

Well, it happened in the middle of the nineties... I suppose LNGLK remembers the exact time better. :) I was switching TV-channels, bumped on an MV episode (wasn't the first one, not even the first season) and got hooked on some scene, could be a chase or a funny dialogue, I remember it very vaguely now. Then my mom entered the room, watched a little and exclaimed: "Wow, who's this beautiful man?" (Meaning DJ/Crockett... ;)) I said "I don't know, some American actor... never seen him before". Can't really remember what happened next, but somehow I started watching... and can't stop since then. :) (But I must have told this story before, haven't I? :confused:)

Well' date=' it happened in the middle of the nineties... I suppose LNGLK remembers the exact time better. :) [/quote'] It was definitely January. Maybe 1994 or 1995. They showed 4 or 5 episodes a week till the middle of June

Hmm. I have to admit I had my first "conscious" experience with Miami Vice only recently - about a year ago. One of my friends started buying the DVD Boxes at that time and raved to me about how great this series was and how cute DJ was.. Furthermore, MV was rerun on German television last year, I noticed it by chance and started watching when they were somewhere at the end of season 1 or the beginning of season 2.. I finally borrowed the season 1 box from my friend and that was that. Have been an addict ever since, bought my own box set and watched all episodes in several marathon sessions.. :DFunny enough, I remember Jan Hammer's "Crockett's Theme" from when I was a child, I heard it on the radio. I loved the tune, but had no idea where it was from.. :birdie:

Funny enough' date=' I remember Jan Hammer's "Crockett's Theme" from when I was a child, I heard it on the radio. I loved the tune, but had no idea where it was from.. :birdie:[/quote'] The same with meAnd by the way, many-many years ago one of the girls in my skating group brought two musics to the training practice and said she couldn't decide which to choose. One of them was "Crockett's Theme". Can you guess what happened then? I did my best to persuade her to give this music to me for my free programme. I turned out to be a very manipulative person and got what I wanted :DAnd for some years just when I was leaving home for my skating practice this music was on in some radio programme. And each time I thought "What a wonderful serial I had seen!" and "This is the music from one of my programms!"

Funny enough' date=' I remember Jan Hammer's "Crockett's Theme" from when I was a child, I heard it on the radio. I loved the tune, but had no idea where it was from.. :birdie:[/quote']So, did it suprise you when you were watching the show, and "Crockett's theme" started playing?

So' date=' did it suprise you when you were watching the show, and "Crockett's theme" started playing?[/quote'] Well, an important piece of my "mental media map" was completed when I heard the music on the show - I've come full circle. This happened and still happens to me several times as I have only blurry childhood memories of the eighties and consciously rediscovered the music, films, TV series etc. only later. Then it's always like "I have heard/seen this before.." :)

Don't say that' date=' Stinger390X because if you're an old fart, it makes me an old fartette! :):):)I was 16 when the show...When MV started appearing on DVDs in 2008 here (four episodes every month, until last December), it was like a revelation to me and I became hooked![/quote'] Hi Brenda. Isn't it great that the DVD's are out and a whole new generation of youth can enjoy the real eighties? (I know as I was there) I'm surprised to see all the savvey youth here picking up on our favourite VICE.....Thanks to this site for sure, and of course dvd's. You would not believe the ribbing I used to take from everyone when I used to record the episodes on vhs back in the nineties. Friends said "you still watching that crap?"No accounting for taste I suppose?

• 3 weeks later...

i couldn't remember exactly the first time but there are two things that did print my mind . first one it's the girl with the sail board at the beginning each time i think of that girl there's automatically the Jan Hammer song that starts running at the same time in my mind , and the second thing i can't remember the scene but in my mind i see Crockett driving the Testarrossa a bit then he arrives at an art deco house , it's at night , he's sad , because he loves a woman but it's job doesn't allow him to love the woman , with a fantastic song in the background . it's the guy that has it all , he lives in Miami , he has a testarossa but the greatest thing he can't have it because he's S. Crockett and the job has to be done :done:maybe all the scenes i describe here are talken from different episodes and i made a romantic mixture in my mind , it's possible

I found Miami Vice on TV Land about 5 years ago. The first show that I saw was Evan. I was hooked after watching it! The chemistry between Crockett and Tubbs was amazing and I just wanted to see more!

post-10128-13892963503057_thumb.jpg

I was babysitting - part-time job - Friday night. After baby was sleeping, I turned on tv and there was Miami Vice - Rites of Passage :cool: I was immediately hooked :thumbsup: I don't know why I had not seen it before that, but after that, it was ALL ABOUT MIAMI VICE :happy: I went to stores and bought magazines and everything I could get my hands on about MV and DJ :happy: That was just the start :D

I found Miami Vice on TNN actually because it was on after a show I watched with my mom, can't remember if the show before it was Quincy M.E. or Hawaii Five-O.

I remember being a young teenie watching MV, being totally fascinated by everything... the city, the colors, the lights, the music, the cars, the beach, the people and most of all.. Sonny of course :happy:Living in cold, grey, boring germany, after watching this all I wanted to do was to go to Miami and I did (much later)! So, MV has a special meaning to me cause it changed my life! Lots of good times that I remember now since I started watching this again. The eps I faintly remember from way back when are the ones where Sonny turns into a bad guy.. will rewatch these this weekend, cant really remember what happened so I'm sure I'll have a blast watching it again for the first time! :D