James Bond's Lotus Esprit Sells For 111,500 Pounds

sredd

• Administrators

That was a cool car.He always had the best cutting edge stuff...but then again...that's why he's James Bond.

Wait a minute.....I thought the Lotus blew up when the "anti-theft device" went off after that henchman decided to smash the side window open. :D

• Administrators

Wait a minute.....I thought the Lotus blew up when the "anti-theft device" went off after that henchman decided to smash the side window open. :D

Wrong movie buddy. That one was "For Your Eyes Only". Different Lotus. I heard a story about that scene too a while back. Apparently there had been a run on car thefts in those days in England and one of the production team members got his car stolen or it was his friends car or something like that and they said to the director or producer something like, "would it be a great anti theft device if the car blew up when the crook broke in" They though about the idea and loved it which is why it was put in the scene. They also said when the movie debuted, the crowd went wild in the theaters when they saw that part.

Wrong movie buddy. That one was "For Your Eyes Only". Different Lotus. I heard a story about that scene too a while back. Apparently there had been a run on car thefts in those days in England and one of the production team members got his car stolen or it was his friends car or something like that and they said to the director or producer something like' date=' "would it be a great anti theft device if the car blew up when the crook broke in" They though about the idea and loved it which is why it was put in the scene. They also said when the movie debuted, the crowd went wild in the theaters when they saw that part.[/quote']Whoops. You're right. This was the submarine Lotus that we're talking about.