Miami Boat Show

Stinger390X

Boat show starts in less than two weeks. I was thinking of flying down.Anyone ever been to this show? Is it as good as I have heard throught the grapevine?

All boat shows are fun....I live in Dallas, TX, and they have the Dallas Boat Show twice a year. With the cutbacks and a slow economy, each year seems to have less items than the previous years.This year was the first time they did not have the racing boats and racing engines, but we also have show, ice, and freezing weather this week and last week and that might have been a variable. But I did see more people there this year than last year.However, besides of the boats, there are attractive women, vendors, businesses promoting their vacation spots, etc.For the low cost of getting into the show, it is a fun way to spend the afternoon, and see what I cannot afford.

I've been going to the Toronto Internations BS for the last twenty five years and I have noticed the decline in attendance both by vendors and boat manufacturers.You guys are right, I should just get on a plane ond go for the tourist thing...... I would like to see what's new for offshore stuff as there was abolutely none in Toronto this year :(I have also been looking for a good stereo that plays dvd's as well and the only one I could find so far is Clarion and yet there was not a single unit available to view at the tbs??? Don't these vendors want to make sales?Yeh... I might grab a cheap flight from Buffalo and come down there for a couple of days.

I agree 100%. The attendance has gone down, and the vendors are not offering the same merchandise as they used to.I am not sure if the vendors just cannot afford the premiums to enter the boat shows vs they just are not trying to promote their businesses.The only way out of this mess of the economy is to put the foot forward and show a presence with a decent product. Otherwise, who will buy it?I still enjoy the boat show here is Dallas. We have Lake Lewisville, Rockwall Lake and Lake Texoma, that does warrant the need for boating business here.It just is not what it used to be, unfortunately.

Got a boat(see pic below)...just looking for quality toys!Everyone seems to be selling junk?I agree that we need to get the economy going but with all the crap coming from China that will never happen.............................If it's made in China, my wallet is closed for business.