Miami River Boat Trip

miamijimf

DanJ, airtommy, Karendipitee (on the Burn Notice Board), her friend Patti, and I had a great trip down the Miami River last Sunday. The tour guide was Dr. Paul George, Miami most renown historian and my old professor. Lots of Vice and BN filming locations and Miami history. Among the highlights was a close up view of the bridge that Sunny jumped from in the Pilot. Very narrow and busy river. We went way up river almost to 36th Street. Maybe Dan and airtommy will post some of their photos also.To see a few comments click on the link when this page comes up:http://www.flickr.com/photos/23227330@N03/sets/72157625931064215/

Looks like you had a great day!I love the colours of Miami...for example the shot of the highrise, all the balconies were painted in successive different colours, repeating every few floors.All of the architecture seens to be so well kept?

• 2 months later...

Wow, fantastic photos there :thumbsup: I loved seeing those highrises amongst the backdrop of the blue sky and the aqua tinged green of the river down below. I imagine that Miami is one of those cities that would be great to visit every few years to see the building developments that take place.Thanks for taking us along for the 'ride'! Must add a river cruise to my 'to do' list for when I visit Miami one day - looks spectacular :D

Wow' date=' fantastic photos there :thumbsup: I loved seeing those highrises amongst the backdrop of the blue sky and the aqua tinged green of the river down below. I imagine that Miami is one of those cities that would be great to visit every few years to see the building developments that take place.Thanks for taking us along for the 'ride'! Must add a river cruise to my 'to do' list for when I visit Miami one day - looks spectacular :D[/quote'] You're welcome. We are planning on renting a boat and taking another boat trip in Sept. The plan is to dock on one of the Stiltsville houses Vice used in Out Where the Busses Don't Run and see other parts of the Bay. If you will be in Miami and want to go, let me know.

You're welcome. We are planning on renting a boat and taking another boat trip in Sept. The plan is to dock on one of the Stiltsville houses Vice used in Out Where the Busses Don't Run and see other parts of the Bay. If you will be in Miami and want to go' date=' let me know.[/quote']That's really nice of you to offer, thanks! I can only wish/dream that I could be in Miami later this year! Going to be while longer before my long awaited trip to the USA goes ahead, unfortunately. Would be great to do something like that with fellow Vice fans & also people who have been there before - then I wouldn't feel so lost!Sounds great what you're planning to do - can't wait to see photos!!

You're welcome. We are planning on renting a boat and taking another boat trip in Sept. The plan is to dock on one of the Stiltsville houses Vice used in Out Where the Busses Don't Run and see other parts of the Bay. If you will be in Miami and want to go' date=' let me know.[/quote'] I can't wait to see the Stiltsville houses close up. I don't want to wish the summer away but I'm counting down the days until my flight

Hi Jim , loved the building with the hole and the manatee . that's what's cool with Miami only in Miami you can see such things :thumbsup: