The jailhouse concert from "Bad Timing"

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Does anybody else find this scene as hilarious as I do? I love it when after the singer tires of all the prisoners' heckling he changes the lyrics of the song and starts rattling off names of prisons to rub it in their faces. And I absolutely lose it when one of them (the prisoners) says something like "This is bad, man!" and they all storm the stage. The way that singer turns tail and runs was classic! I've always assumed that this scene was indeed intended to be funny. Is that everybody else's impression? :)

• 1 month later...

I thought this scene was hilarious as well. "Man this is BAD!" cracks me up everytime. This ep (and S5 in general) is pretty dark, but there were those little touches like this one...Although, I don't think he was rattling off the prison names because of heckling. I thiink he was doing it to try and make a connection with the inmates. Obviously, it only alienated them more.BTW, the singer is Jermaine Stewart. He was probably best known for the song "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off", off of the Frantic Romantic album. The song he sings here was a real one, "Don't Talk Dirty To Me", from his album Say It Again (the follow-up to Frantic Romantic).

• Administrators
Does anybody else find this scene as hilarious as I do? I love it when after the singer tires of all the prisoners' heckling he changes the lyrics of the song and starts rattling off names of prisons to rub it in their faces. And I absolutely lose it when one of them (the prisoners) says something like "This is bad' date=' man!" and they all storm the stage. The way that singer turns tail and runs was classic! I've always assumed that this scene was indeed intended to be funny. Is that everybody else's impression? :)[/quote']I always thought he did it on purpose as to start the riot so that they could escape. If you notice the scene after that they were in music boxes in the back of the band's truck, so I assumed that was part of the diversion to get them out.

If Jermaine Stewart and the Suicidal Tendencies (in "Free Verse") would have switched places, the scenes from both episodes would have been way more realistic!