Sonny and Gina

whitney88

Is it just me or don't you wish that Sonny and Gina would have ended up together? I loved their chemistry throughout the series. I wonder why they never become an item. Of course Sonny didn't help things when he said Caroline's name while he was in bed with Gina! :happy:What is everybody's thought on this?[ATTACH=CONFIG]3257[/ATTACH]

I too wanted them to be together. She was really hurt when he told her he was getting married to Caitlin. She handled it well.Like you said, she was hurt when Crockett wispered his ex wives name in her ear.They were close in the unused script (which I posted a few pages of it in the scrapbook section if you care to read any of it) that I obtained. Even were undercover as husband and wife.They were attracted to each other, and they were there for each other emotionally, and sexually, but I'm not sure that either one of them truly was in love with the other. I wouldn't have minded them ending up together if the writers had decided to go that route.

Sonny loved Gina, unfortunatley he wasn't "in love" with her.Have to disagee CB, I think she was head over heels for Crockett.She handled his marriage to Caitlin better than most woman would've in tha situation. The woman had to be dying inside, felt bad for her.

I have rather contradictory feelings about all this... one part of me wished them to be together, because, let's face it, they would be a terrific couple - same job, same problems... and like it was already said, they were really there for each other. Gina would be the best possible wife for Sonny, IMO. But on the other hand, if they married on in a "serious relationship", it would cut off the possibilities of interesting plot twists concerning Sonny's love life... which I also loved A LOT, if you ask my opinion. :o In fact I believe this might be the main reason why the producers decided to end their romance and keep Sonny single. ;) Anyway, I wouldn't mind if he and Gina "ended up" together.

In my opinion they were great together. And they should have ended up together at least in the final season.

I kind of agree too...Zito died and Switek was going off the deep end in season five and of course Sonny and Rico were getting fed up with arrests that led to no convictions so yes...if Gina and Sonny went off into the sunset, it would have been a cool ending for the series. That would have meant the whole team would have been disgruntled and it would have made a statement as well. This unhappy situation would have been bandated with the love affair of Sonny and Gina. Kind of gives one a warm and fuzzy feeling. Interesting probability.....................

I wish they would have ended up together.They were so good together and they were there for each other.I was always hoping they would end up together.But the faiths did not have that planned.Crockett had so many heart breaks maybe at the end he would have had something with Gina.I love the episodes that there are in together and him comforting her and kissing her.

Ya I always thought Sonny was nuts not to fall for Gina. I wrote that to Saundra Santiago on Facebook and she agreed.

• Like 1

Ya I always thought Sonny was nuts not to fall for Gina. I wrote that to Saundra Santiago on Facebook and she agreed.

No doubt in my mind Gina was 'In Love' with Sonny. He was not in love, but he loved her. Big Difference.

Oh' date=' it's awesome! I would be grateful if you could give me link to her account on Facebook. :)[/quote'] Just establish an account at facebook.com if you don't have one and search for Saundra Santiago. She is the first one that comes up and you will recognize her photo. She has lots of friends and posts often.

I also think that it would´ve been great if Gina and Sonny had become a couple. But maybe, the makers of the series thought about a comeback of Miami Vice somewhere in the 90s or so. With other series it was done that way. Then, they, possibly, could have answered this question like other unanswered questions of Miami Vice.

Another Sonny & Gina fan here! I would have loved for them to have ended up together as well. I do agree with DJAngel that I think Sonny loved Gina, but wasn't 'in love' with her so to speak. I don't know if he held back because he didn't want to get too deep into a relationship with her and then end up hurting her. But then again all the flings he had with various women - they would have hurt Gina, because they made her feel like she was just there at his convenience & it was obvious that it did because she did point this out to him when he was dating Brenda.I think that Gina understood him better than anyone else & this was clear from the pilot episode when they were on the St Vitus Dance together having that chat. And being in the same profession, they could understand the demands of the job. I didn't like the Crockett-Caitlin marriage, because it seemed too 'convenient' and too rushed. OK they might have had deep feelings for each other, but was it because they were just both lonely? It's a bit disappointing that the status of Sonny and Gina's relationship was left ambiguous after season 1, even though we did see glimpses every now and then of how deeply he still cared for her. But then again, it leaves it open ended for us to draw our own conclusions!Must have a look at that script that Coop has posted about - I wondered if I'd get to see an episode where Sonny and Gina go undercover together as a couple. So close - shame they didn't produce that episode!