JC Penny has a BROAD collection of pastel colored t shirts this spring

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up. They're the "Saint John's Bay" brand. I went by and picked up a few today. There were even more colors available that I wanted but they were either the wrong size or they had a pocket. I may order the ones I couldn't find today off the store website. Out of curiosity has anybody ever tried removing the pocket from a pocket t shirt? Can it be done without leaving a "scar"? Some colors are unique to the pocket t's and I'd like to get them too but obviously the pocket is not appropriate.

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up. They're the "Saint John's Bay" brand. I went by and picked up a few today. There were even more colors available that I wanted but they were either the wrong size or they had a pocket. I may order the ones I couldn't find today off the store website. Out of curiosity has anybody ever tried removing the pocket from a pocket t shirt? Can it be done without leaving a "scar"? Some colors are unique to the pocket t's and I'd like to get them too but obviously the pocket is not appropriate.

I was able to remove a pocket from a pastel mint green shirt from the Gap. It came off, but you can see where it had once bin, even so slightly. Just a little color discoloration as to where the pocket had once been. Not very noticeable in my case, but enough that something just didn't look right. I don't really recommend it.-COOP

Guest myonlyvice

Coop,Had your shirt been washed before you tried to remove the pocket? I'm wondering what else could cause the color variation? This news kind of sucks for me since I already went down this afternoon and picked up a few pocket t's. I guess I can still return them if I must.

Coop' date='Had your shirt been washed before you tried to remove the pocket? I'm wondering what else could cause the color variation? This news kind of sucks for me since I already went down this afternoon and picked up a few pocket t's. I guess I can still return them if I must.[/quote']I had not washed it, and was extemely gentle unsewing the pocket as to not pull the fabric.Hey, maybe it will work for you better than it did for me. You can always take a chance. If you try it, let me know how it turns out.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest myonlyvice

Hey Coop,I removed the pocket from several t shirts and it worked pretty well. The only problem was with a couple of the lighter colored ones there was a very small dot on the shirt itself under the pocket's stitching. I guess this was used to mark the placement of the pocket. Some stain remover got them out almost entirely. If you look really close on a couple you can see a faint dot still. So, in the end, if you find a pocket t in a color to die for from Penny's this spring I would say it is possible to convert it successfully to a "Sonny".

Hey Coop' date='I removed the pocket from several t shirts and it worked pretty well. The only problem was with a couple of the lighter colored ones there was a very small dot on the shirt itself under the pocket's stitching. I guess this was used to mark the placement of the pocket. Some stain remover got them out almost entirely. If you look really close on a couple you can see a faint dot still. So, in the end, if you find a pocket t in a color to die for from Penny's this spring I would say it is possible to convert it successfully to a "Sonny".[/quote']Excellent. I'm so glad it worked for you!