Big Grin Alligator

Viceman Cometh

This pet peeve will probably say more about my psyche than anything else, but here goes. I feel like the "big grin alligator" icon (:D), which I assume is the site's version of a smiley face, is being sarcastic. Whenever I see it, instead of thinking, "Oh, that poster meant this in jest," I think "That's mean!" More laughing-at than laughing-with. Which seems counterproductive to having a smiley face.Am I nuts? (Be gentle.)

In my opinion, you´re not nuts.:) I think that everyone of us has his favorite Elvis icon. My favorite one is the squinting Elvis with the question marks above. He looks so funny!:D Reminds me a bit of Clarence, the squinting lion from Daktari, one of my favorite series when I was a child.

I think I don't think it looks like a sarcastic smile because it's made up from a : and a D which is course is a happy smile! But that's just me being an obsessed with computers and the internet and texting teenager!! :D

I also felt a bit weird about these alliagator smileys at first, but once I got used to them and learned their meaning I began to understand them right. It's just a matter of time, I guess, as they are unusual indeed.

This pet peeve will probably say more about my psyche than anything else' date=' but here goes. I feel like the "big grin alligator" icon (:D), which I assume is the site's version of a smiley face, is being sarcastic. Whenever I see it, instead of thinking, "Oh, that poster meant this in jest," I think "That's mean!" More laughing-at than laughing-with. Which seems counterproductive to having a smiley face.Am I nuts? (Be gentle.)[/quote'] Nah you're not nuts..its more like a laughing one...i always think it looks like its laughing at the post, rather then smiling...