Miami Vice named on CNN

omaha

On air on CNN this morning, standing in front of a giant screen view of the Miami skyline, they gave a Miami weather report, while the J. Hammer MV theme played. They then joked about wearing pastels and white clothes, but not in a mocking way, as the mass media has a habit of doing. The jokes were just in fun. It was a surprise to see a "Miami Vice Themed" weather report. When the media thinks of Miami, MV still comes to mind, all these years later.

Of course the TV series Miami Vice seems dated now' date=' but it's not just because Don Johnson's white Armani suits and slip-on shoes belong to a mercifully bygone era.[/quote']:eek::eek::eek:Actually, MV has dated a LOT better than many 80's shows, which is surprising, considering MV is about the "80's-est" show you can find (in a good way). Granted, the dramas tend to hold up better than the sitcoms (IMO).Anyway, back on topic, I believe it was in a Rolling Stone last month, but recently Miami reported it's first homicide-free month in 80 years, which I thought was kind of cool. I tend to think of Miami as this city that's still very dangerous, despite the fact that I know things have changed there, and despite the fact my Aunt and her family have lived there for years without a problem. I guess that's the image that sticks in a lot of the public's mind (same with New York, which I believe, is statistically one of the safest large cities nowadays), whether due to MV or not.Thanks for the link!

You'r welcome Lar. Miami seems to be getting on. :) And you are correct, not only did Miami Vice change television, but in my opinion it was the most important series ever in time! It changed everything and Don Johnson, allways put down, was the man who did it!!He is Mick Jagger, Paul Mccartney, Harry Callahan, Rocky Balboa, James Bond,...His character was pure. No Collin Farrell will ever be able to do Sonny Crockett. Perhaps his son.....!Omaha