Osama bin laden dead

alleycat

Osama bin Laden is dead.I don't know if I can say this if I get edited oh well.That bastard is dead,justice was served finally.I almost lost my brother in the twin towers and he had people he knew who died there and he was on call with his helicopter to bring supplies in if needed,At the end they did not need him,So this means alot to me and everybody else I bet.:D

A sense of closure for someone who masterminded the murder of thousands of ordinary people .. Christian .. Muslim .. man, woman and child.Better off in the ground.

• Administrators

I almost lost my brother in the twin towers and he had people he knew who died there and he was on call with his helicopter to bring supplies in if needed,At the end they did not need him,So this means alot to me and everybody else I bet.:D

No worries buddy! They should have killed that bastard ten years ago before 9/11. :thumbsup:I hope the 69 virgins he gets are all men!

Today, I am thinking of all those people in the USA & around the world (including Australians) who lost loved ones on September 11, and in all the other horrendous attacks. And we can't forget the bravery of the passengers of Flight 93 who saved countless more from being killed. Although it won't bring back their loved ones, I hope they find some comfort in knowing that that monster will no longer walk this planet of ours - a planet where the overwhelming majority of us just want to be able to live in peace & be able to get on with our daily lives without having to look over our shoulder all the time, because of a small number of people who inflict violence and suffering. These people are NOT human beings.Please stay safe & be extra careful if you are travelling.

I think everybody was relieved to hearing about these great news. Now, there´s one monster less on earth!

I'm happy about this news (I admit I punched the air when I read it on Twitter as the story was unfolding this morning) but I can't help but feel a little apprehensive. I think there will probably be repercussions from this...everyone make sure you stay safe.As for Bin Laden...I think that the innermost circle of Hell is the best place for him (and I am not even religious, so that shows how much I dislike him). Not only did he kill thousands of people in America :cry: he also inspired the attacks that devastated England in July and has caused so much pain across the world. But he is just one man. His ideals are multiple. That is his legacy, and we cannot be relieved until we have stopped the war on terror once and for all.

I think everybody was relieved to hearing about these great news. Now' date=' there´s one monster less on earth![/quote'] Yes, relief is the word I also keyed in on for how I feel. Joy would be too strong -- to much suffering infused into the issue for that. I would like to think this day would be a day that all Americans could put aside their internal indifferences and just share the moment together. Unfortunately, it seems our climate has become so politicized (at least judging by my own friends and the blogosphere) that some of us out there went straight from emotion and relief straight into partisanship and invective. It's sad, really.For me, I'm grateful to our military today. I'm proud to be an American. I realize there will be repercussions from this, but it had to be done. For today, I just want to reflect on the last ten years. The ones we lost, the ones who've fought.

I am not a friend of celebrating someones death. It feels weird somehow...But in this case a I guess we have to call it a good day for freedom for peace and for unity.Bin Laden has put himself in the row of inhuman bastards like Hitler, Stalin, Sadam, and many other mass murderers.So let's all stand together as one peaceloving world and think of the people who lost their lifes in 9/11, Madrid, Afghanistan or elsewhere.You are not forgotten.

Guest MetroVice

Bin Laden - OUT OF SERVICEI was happy to hear he was dead, even happier to learn they treated him like the animal he was by hunting him down with a final pop in the face.Way better than he deserved, but the coward is dead nonetheless so it's all good :D

He was nothing but a coward who hide behind terrorism to do his dirty work.If they hunted him down like a dog, so be it. What about the thousand of people that died because of him? He showed no mercy on anyone else.Anyway, this may not be the cure for terrorism but per the words of John Travolta, from "Swordfish". "They blow up a building, we blow up a city block. They blow up a city block, we blow up a city"Maybe not in the same words, but this was long overdue..... One less terrorist in the world.

• Administrators

Yup, we got him and yet as much as I'm happy we finally got him, it won't change anything. Although everyone associates Bin Laden with 9/11 and terrorism he was nothing more than a figurehead, a face to pin all the blame on. Just because he's dead it doesn't mean the end of terrorism. It's a way of life for these extremeists and now that Bin Laden is gone there are a thousand other like-minded individuals who are ready to step up and take his place.

I was happy to hear he was dead' date=' even happier to learn they treated him like the animal he was by hunting him down with a final pop in the face.Way better than he deserved, but the coward is dead nonetheless so it's all good[/quote']I agree that mass murderers of innocent men, women and children should face justice for what they do. Even when they themselves believe they are justified in doing it. Don't you agree?If you do agree, I'd appreciate hearing your opinion on these facts:
During the final stages of World War II in 1945, the United States conducted two atomic bombings against the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, the first on August 6, 1945 and the second on August 9, 1945. These two events are the only active deployments of nuclear weapons in war to date...By executive order of President Harry S. Truman, the U.S. dropped the nuclear weapon "Little Boy" on the city of Hiroshima on Monday, August 6, 1945, followed by the detonation of "Fat Man" over Nagasaki on August 9.Within the first two to four months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki, with roughly half of the deaths in each city occurring on the first day. The Hiroshima prefectural health department estimates that, of the people who died on the day of the explosion, 60% died from flash or flame burns, 30% from falling debris and 10% from other causes. During the following months, large numbers died from the effect of burns, radiation sickness, and other injuries, compounded by illness. In a US estimate of the total immediate and short term cause of death, 15–20% died from radiation sickness, 20–30% from flash burns, and 50–60% from other injuries, compounded by illness. In both cities, most of the dead were civilians.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

You are correct, however, there is something left-out by whoever posted that wiki article.If we didn't drop those bombs, we would have had to fight in hand-to-hand combat with an enemy (Japan) who trained their army to fight till they die.Had we done that, it was estimated that over 1,000,000 soldiers and civilians would have died.Can you imagine how many of us might not even be here talking about this if we didn't drop those bombs?

I would rather have seen bin Laden captured & put in Gitmo for the rest of his life on bread & water! Dying was too quick.

• Administrators

No way they could have let him live. The repercussions from around the world from all the terrorist cells capturing and torturing citizens in return for his release would be too much.Of course I could care less if they tortured him to death to find out what he knows, but I would suspect that he knew he would never let them take him alive.One less dirt bag in the world to harm the innocent.

No way they could have let him live. The repercussions from around the world from all the terrorist cells capturing and torturing citizens in return for his release would be too much.Of course I could care less if they tortured him to death to find out what he knows' date=' but I would suspect that he knew he would never let them take him alive.One less dirt bag in the world to harm the innocent.[/quote'] Ditto. We had a chance to kill him while Clinton was at the end of his second term, and passed. Look what that got us....

You are correct' date=' however, there is something left-out by whoever posted that wiki article.If we didn't drop those bombs, we would have had to fight in hand-to-hand combat with an enemy (Japan) who trained their army to fight till they die.Had we done that, it was estimated that over 1,000,000 soldiers and civilians would have died.Can you imagine how many of us might not even be here talking about this if we didn't drop those bombs?[/quote'] Well... if we follow this kind of logic, then Bin Laden and other terrorists might say something like that too... like "if we don't show those Western guys our strength by giving them a major terrorist attack, they will bomb us, take our land and kill our families, pretending that they want to give us their "democratic" values which we don't really want anyway"... and they would be right. It's really sad that everything can be "justified" by some "practical" reasons, but those reasons can't diminish the grieve of innocent who die and lose their beloved, their friends and children. I don't mean this to be any kind of a personal fight or a political debate... just my opinion. For the most part I agree with Ferrariman - it's really doubtful that killing Bin Laden will mean the end of terrorism... actually I'm afraid it may invoke a new wave of it. :cry:

• 1 month later...