books made into movies

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Of all the movies you have seen which originally were books, which one was most faithful to that book in terms of plot? Have you ever seen a movie and felt as if you were reading the book all over again?

Many years ago, I´d read a book named "On A Morning In May". It was a thriller about a boy who disappeared on his way to school.Only a few weeks later, I discovered the movie of it and it was to 100% identical with the book.

While reading a book you imagine a movie. That's why when the movie is made it's always different. And usually the movie is much worse than the book

Many movies are completely different and it often starts with how the main characters look like. For example, I´d always been a fan of Elizabeth George, an American thriller author. Her stories about Inspector Lynley and his assistant, Barbara Havers, were settled in London. In the books, Lynley was a tall, slim, blond good - looking man with bright blue eyes while his smart assistant was a heavy and almost ugly woman.In the movies Lynley was a not good - looking:p, black - haird man and Barbara Havers was slim and didn´t look that bad. Besides that, the stories didn´t really suit to the books.Unfortunately, that´s the way how it is with many books one had made movies of.On the other hand, you´re right, LNGLK. If one reads a book, he "makes" the movie in his head while reading, but nevertheless I think that the makers of movie should adhere more to the books and not to their own imaginations.

Though the graphic violence of the book was toned down, I think director Mary Harron struck the right chord with American Psycho.Plus Bale was SPOT ON as Patrick Bateman.

With some movies, you might be right and it´s much better not to show all the violence, but with some movies the makers tear the real content of the book so much to pieces that someone, who hasn´t read the book before, isn´t able to understands everything.

I couldn't say which movie was most faithful to it's respective book version. However, I will say M*A*S*H was the best in terms of quality (for me, I mean). The movie version is highly irreverent, but the book was just as much, if not more, so. But, as far as how identical they are to each other, there aren some huge differences.

With some movies' date=' you might be right and it´s much better not to show all the violence, but with some movies the makers tear the real content of the book so much to pieces that someone, who hasn´t read the book before, isn´t able to understands everything.[/quote']If Harron had tried to include half of the things Bateman did in the novel, NC-17 rating for sure.

Of course, it´s hard to decide which things should be taken from the book and which are not, but they should think about it more exactly. With some books, it´s impossible to make a movie of them as they´re written, but the reason, why we´re often so disappointed about the movie of a book we´d liked to read, is that the movie is so completely different from the book.