Miami Vice Online for iPhone and Android

Sjako

Some months ago the following post was made about the possibilities of a having a mobile version of our beloved forum:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15490-MV-for-Iphone-or-AndroidI mentioned in the original post some possibilities to do this, but I thought it might be a good idea to create a poll to measure the actual interest for this. Would be great if all could respond!For your info: I already asked Caipi if enabling mobile usage would be an option and he is open to investigate this (when he finds time).

I only use the computer, but I voted yes ....so I don't stop other people who use their phones.

Where's the BB option? BB blaze the trails :shout:
Good point ;-)Blackberry is also a great device ofcourse (and supported by e.g. Tapatalk):Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone' date=' Android and BlackBerry. *Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.*[b']Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:Eingefügtes BildImages are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewingEingefügtes BildAbility to see Who's Online and what they are doing:Eingefügtes BildAbility to search by topics and posts:Eingefügtes BildAbility to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:Eingefügtes Bild

I voted yes! But i hope, if available it will be also for Nokia Symbian 3 Smartphones like my C7...or N8.

I voted yes! But i hope' date=' if available it will be also for Nokia Symbian 3 Smartphones like my C7...or N8.[/quote'] Think the majority off the solutions do not support Symbian natively (apps). Guess Symbian is going the way off the Dodo after the Nokia announcement to choose WM7 as their OS.

• Administrators

Sounds good to me. I have a dumb phone not a smart phone but I found some info on this and I'll give Caipi as heads up and see what he thinks.:thumbsup:

Sounds good to me. I have a dumb phone not a smart phone but I found some info on this and I'll give Caipi as heads up and see what he thinks.:thumbsup:

Great!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,Did you manage to discuss it?

have you heard of dish tv?

Some months ago the following post was made about the possibilities of a having a mobile version of our beloved forum:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15490-MV-for-Iphone-or-AndroidI mentioned in the original post some possibilities to do this' date=' but I thought it might be a good idea to create a poll to measure the actual interest for this. Would be great if all could respond!For your info: I already asked Caipi if enabling mobile usage would be an option and he is open to investigate this (when he finds time).[/quote'] I would love to be able to get updates on my android. There's nothing like staying connected to Vice. It's the greatest TV show of all time and I would like to have access to it on the go. I'm addicted haha :)

have you heard of dish tv? I would love to be able to get updates on my android. There's nothing like staying connected to Vice. It's the greatest TV show of all time and I would like to have access to it on the go. I'm addicted haha :)

I hear ya. Had no updates from admins though. Assume its not going to happen therefore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I took a look at different ways for displaying our website on iPhone or Android smartphones.

• there's a special mobile suite version of our vBulletin forum software. It's about 200$. That's way too much and it would mean additional work for us admins.
  • there are several plug ins etc. for vBulletin websites. Currently we are running over 20 plug-ins which customizes our website (membermap, glossary, photo gallery...). Each additional plug-in increases chance of incompatibility with other plug-ins or our forum software. And we can not guarantee that the plug-ins will work with future versions (like we had with our glossary some days ago).
As modern smartphones/tablet computers (like iPad) are able to show websites as you can see them on a "real" computer we decided to not install/buy another plug-in or software to fit our website to the smartphone's native navigation.I myself use my iPhone every day on my way to the office to take a quick look what's going on here. I use it with my iPhone's built in web browser and it works fine.The activity we had to put into a mobile version is much higher than the benefit our users would have.

With my Nokia C7 I am also able to take a sneakpeak at the site when I am at work.My browser is Opera for mobile phones.You just can't post...but read everything.I think that 200 bucks are way too much and the use do not justify this price + the extra work for our admins.

I took a look at different ways for displaying our website on iPhone or Android....The activity we had to put into a mobile version is much higher than the benefit our users would have.

Thanks for the reply and the investigation. Can imagine that you want to avoid risks by not adding functionality. Ofcourse I do not totally agree with your statements e.g. viewing on an iPhone is fine, but try posting... I believe efforts can be minor, but depending on the plugin....Anyway, I ofcourse respect your decision, if you could only enable RSS to compensate ;-)Ronald.

• Administrators
Anyway' date=' I ofcourse respect your decision, if you could only enable RSS to compensate ;-)[/quote']Thought, RSS is already enabled :confused: I'll have to take a look again ;)