Which story arcs do you wish would have been further developed?

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

For me, I would have loved to have seen the Calderone arc further developed, with the fate Tubbs's son addressed in particular. I regret Calderone had to die so soon.A couple more episodes with Lombard would have been great. I think the Lao Li-Castillo rivalry would been cool to revisit, too. I would have liked to have seen more about Tubbs's history but something NOT involving Valerie.I would have liked to have seen Glen Frey as the pilot in more episodes.

myonlyviceWhich story arcs do you wish would have been further developed? For me, I would have loved to have seen the Calderone arc further developed, with the fate Tubbs's son addressed in particular. I regret Calderone had to die so soon. A couple more episodes with Lombard would have been great. I think the Lao Li-Castillo rivalry would been cool to revisit, too. I would have liked to have seen more about Tubbs's history but something NOT involving Valerie. I would have liked to have seen Glen Frey as the pilot in more episodes

. I agree in everything you´ve mentioned.:clap::clap: For me, Tubbs history woud have been the most interesting thing. I think the most of us regret that they didn´t tell what had happend to Rico´s son.

Guest myonlyvice

I probably should have worded the original topic line a bit differently. I'm not only interested in which existing story arcs you think should have been further developed but also which single episodes you wish could have been made into a story arc. For example, Lao Li was only in one episode but I would have liked to have seen him again.

Although she seems pretty unpopular, I always thought the Sonny/Brenda relationship deserved a better fate than being stuck as the b-story to the pretty terrible "three hoods" storyline in "Nobody Lives Forever." I wouldn't have wanted Crockett to settle down for a half-season, but a full episode or two devoted to the complexities of undercover life and this romance would've been nice.

Trudie and Castillo.This was a pairing that the writers was planning, but it was eventually dropped. Still wonder how they would've developed this romance, had they followed through with it.

• 2 weeks later...

nice thread idea . i agree in all you said MOV , too . there is something i noticed with the Miami vice series , it's that , it's like a quite endless tank of ideas . everything is possible , conceivable i think that's the Mann label . even today i still really think the series could be followed , it's just a matter of finding the good idea , the good following

• 2 weeks later...

More Charlie Glide would've been cool. Definitely more Lombard, and Glen Frey. More Trudy would've been good too. The Dutch Oven was a good episode. I think she should've had more episodes... Not like Missing Hours. More Tubbs/New York Connection stuff. Gina should've had more, man I can't get too specific. I'll just dislike that the show didn't go there.What the 5th season did with Switek was what they should've been doing all along. I don't mean show them with personal problems, but focus on stories about them, making you care more for them. Switek seemed so much more real in the 5th season, like he went from 2 dimensional to 3d.They should've run with the "Payback" story.

• Administrators

I never understood why they killed off "Aurthur Lawson / Artie Rollins"? He had a great character and they could have easily brought him back later on in the series to do another ep. I also in a kinda goofy way would have liked them to have had to look up Hank Weldon for another case to solve. He was out there where the buses don't run but he made for a grate character. Kinda mysterious and untrustworthy. Payback for sure. :thumbsup:Those are my top three.

... What the 5th season did with Switek was what they should've been doing all along. I don't mean show them with personal problems' date=' but focus on stories about them, making you care more for them. Switek seemed so much more real in the 5th season, like he went from 2 dimensional to 3d....[/quote']definitely agree . Switek is great with a nice shirt , with a tidy hair and driving a Mercedes . that's the whole problem of the series , it was too focused on Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas but don't know if changing would have been possible . i mean the answer we're all still searching at it , lol

Sonny and Gina's on-again-off-again relationship.It was clear that Gina still had feelings for Sonny in "Like a Hurricane" and that the writers still explored that dynamic during that period of the show (like the mirror scene in "Blood and Roses") but they never addressed it after Caitlin was murdered and Sonny became Burnett.Season 5 would've been the perfect opportunity for Sonny and Gina to reconcile their future together ... plus, a chance to use Saundra Santiago more, who was hardly around at all in the last year.

I always thought that "The Shadow" in Shadow in the Dark gave Crockett a good run for his money and was pushed to the limit.What if he was released from prison and came up with a new challenge for Crockett,like to kidnap his son, Billy.I can just see him going balistic. (Maybe he can learn from Dexter how to handle the bad guys)Later

I always thought that "The Shadow" in Shadow in the Dark gave Crockett a good run for his money and was pushed to the limit.What if he was released from prison and came up with a new challenge for Crockett' date='like to kidnap his son, Billy.I can just see him going balistic. (Maybe he can learn from Dexter how to handle the bad guys)Later[/quote'] Oooooooooh, good one!I also wish The Argentinean wasn't a one and done character in the MV universe. For me, that dude was simply too cool for the room.Jim Zubiena's facial expression screamed, I kill people for $$$ and it's awesome.LOL!

I think most of the ones I would have liked to have seen have already been mentioned.- Sonny & Gina's relationship: I think that after the Sonny Burnett arc that he really needed someone to be close to. He was there for his colleagues when they went through rough times in Season 5 (eg Switek with his gambling), and I wish that there was someone there for him. Gina would have been great.- The mystery of Rico's son & just more of the Calderone saga.- The aftermath of the 'Payback' episode- More storylines involving LombardThat's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more. I hope Michael Mann has ESP - come on Mr Mann, so many potential storylines for a reunion movie!!!

I was really left expecting more from Crockett’s Vietnam days. It would have been nice to have had more background regarding his ‘60s and ‘70s days. It felt like a huge chunk of his life was just swept under the rug and forgotten about. I also agree about the Switek story lines. I always felt as if the cast, aside from DJ and PMT, were severely underutilized.