C&T's best and worst girlfriends/wives

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Who was your favorite and least favorite romantic interest of Sonny and Rico? For Sonny I always liked the flight attendant from "Yankee Dollar". Even though we know next to nothing about her, they just seemed like they would make a good pair, in my non-expert opinion. For the most part I can't stand the others. I never liked Sonny and Gina together so much since they work together. Long-term it wouldn't be a good dynamic for the show. Caroline was not too bad. Caitlin and the girl played by Helena Bonham Carter were abominable. In general Sonny had pretty lousy taste in women I would say. For Rico my favorite was Alicia from "Afternoon Plane" I've always admired her courage and the way she stuck with him. (and her looks didn't hurt, either ;) ) I wish she could have had a recurring role. I really never thought much of Angelina, though in the end I think she did truly care for Rico. I detested Valerie because she was heartless and without a soul; a total user and exploiter of Rico. I'd like to create a poll of best and worst girlfriends but I don't know how. Maybe someone with website know-how could do it and we could all have a fun time voting. I think a poll would be most appropriate for this topic. If a user like me is allowed to create polls, I'd appreciate it if somebody would teach me how to do it. ;)

Hi myonlyvice!I agree with you on Rico's women, but werent there more than that?But I'm sorry, I cant agree on the flight attendant, she wasnt very attractive at all. At first I thought Caroline was a little too much of a boring housewife, but I came to like her later. Especially after Caitlin who I thought was the worst until I say the ep with Helena Bonham Carter...just could not stand her, could not understand how they were trying to put Sonny into such a serious relationship with her and even wantin to marry her? To me she seemed like a little girl, that wasnt a believable story at all.:thumbsdown:I thought the bartender girl from bad timing as pretty cute.I would have loved to see Gina and Sonny together, not the whole time like in a relationship, more like an occasional "get together" ;)BUT I really really would have loved to see Julia Roberts and Sonny together:happy:. Her part was way too small..I wish she would have had the part of Burnetts girlfriend instead of Debra Feuer.

In general Sonny had pretty lousy taste in women I would say.

And yes in general I agree with you. And I forgot to mention that horrible french woman ugh :sick: she was just the worst of them all :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

In my opinion, Angelina was the most honest woman Rico had been togehter with in the series. She loved him so much that she, in fact, died for him. Alicia..., well, we don´t know much about her. She only appeared once. We don´t even know whether she had survived, but I agree, myonlyvice, would have been great to see her in another ep again.With the other women, he had the same bad taste as Sonny.

In general Sonny had pretty lousy taste in women I would say.

I guess the same. We forgot Christine von Marburg! She didn´t look verry pretty. My favorit is also Gina.

Guest myonlyvice
In my opinion' date=' Angelina was the most honest woman Rico had been togehter with in the series. She loved him so much that she, in fact, died for him. Alicia..., well, we don´t know much about her. She only appeared once. We don´t even know whether she had survived, but I agree, myonlyvice, would have been great to see her in another ep again.With the other women, he had the same bad taste as Sonny.[/quote'] I have to agree with you about Rico having equally bad taste. After I started this thread I realized I didn't mention this, but I should have. Both guys really missed with their decision making.

Guest myonlyvice
Hi myonlyvice!I agree with you on Rico's women' date=' but werent there more than that?But I'm sorry, I cant agree on the flight attendant, she wasnt very attractive at all. At first I thought Caroline was a little too much of a boring housewife, but I came to like her later. Especially after Caitlin who I thought was the worst until I say the ep with Helena Bonham Carter...just could not stand her, could not understand how they were trying to put Sonny into such a serious relationship with her and even wantin to marry her? To me she seemed like a little girl, that wasnt a believable story at all.:thumbsdown:I thought the bartender girl from bad timing as pretty cute.I would have loved to see Gina and Sonny together, not the whole time like in a relationship, more like an occasional "get together" ;)BUT I really really would have loved to see Julia Roberts and Sonny together:happy:. Her part was way too small..I wish she would have had the part of Burnetts girlfriend instead of Debra Feuer.[/quote'] You didn't find the flight attendant pretty? I'm surprised. I've always thought she was very attractive. And she seemed sweet somehow. I don't know. Just the feeling I've always had. And you're right about Julia Roberts. That was sorry how they didn't use her for the rest of the Burnett saga. It would have been a great example of continuity that I mentioned in that other thread. Didn't you find Valerie to be just terrible as well? She was just plain devious.

Lets see now.For Crockett the worst girlfriend would be Danielle from French twist she treated him like he was gum on her shoe and she was a snob not very attractive.Of course Rico knew better and knew she was bad news.Oh,yes Crockett can pick them.Crockett the best would be Gina.They got together romantically but I hoped for more for them.During the seasons you did see the chemistry still there.Its too bad it did not go further.:cry:For Tubbs the worst would be Valerie.She played him like a violin.Tubbs at one point wanted to marry her.Tubbs the best would be Angelina even though she was calderone's daughter they had a son and made a connection.Too bad she killed by the bomb.Well thats my two cents

Oh, what a sweet new thread! "We dissect the love affairs of the main character and sort the times a little better " - GREAT! :):D:) (well..., just typical female :p) For me, the short-haired blonde Eingefügtes Bildof Prodigal Son is still the one I prefer to look at Sonny's side. This wonderful exchange of blows at the taxi

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=PClK1vfntqs&feature=related

- just fantastic :thumbsup:. :happy: That all selected women, don't were the absolute models, surprised myself today not, I think we have now another image, as a "nice" woman should have to look just. 25 years ago were these really creepy hairstyles in. And if you imagine the faces even with modern hairstyles, then it is already much better, or not? The only optical hit was Arielle Dombasle.Eingefügtes Bild It fits well. :glossy: I also don't like to see Gina and Sonny together. Somehow two of different types. Fit not for me by the optics together. They are too difficult. Type and character go together already, but the eye is always the first impression. To Rico, there is -in my view- only :happy: Angelina. With Valerie I can do nothing. She looks indeed lovely, but I do not like her.(I do not know why the pictures are so huge :confused:)

Didn't you find Valerie to be just terrible as well? She was just plain devious.

Valerie always annoyed me when she appeared because she never showed up without an ulterior motive. I never understood why Rico didn´t see through her.

It's funny that Margaret from Prodigal Son got mentioned. Just this week, I was listening to "Picture This" and when "Do You Believe in Love" came on, it reminded me of the taxi scene -- and I thought, what a stupid music cue. More like Do you believe in lust.

Didn't you find Valerie to be just terrible as well? She was just plain devious.

Yes, Valerie sucked, also agree with Christine on this!@bluepearl I loved the taxi scene with the shortblondehairedgirl but I didnt like the girl she was too arrogant for me, too full of herself! Christine von marburg...I dont recall her face right now but I think she wasnt too bad.And the other blonde (Arielle) too conniving, mean eyes, nah dont like her at all. Nice body yes... but too bad Sonny didnt have a paper bag handy...Still think I would have been the best choice for Sonny but I was too young back then :D:D:D ;)

@bluepearl I loved the taxi scene with the shortblondehairedgirl but I didnt like the girl she was too arrogant for me' date=' too full of herself! [/quote']Yes, and that's what I liked. So a bit of crackling and tension not only "eititei" to try always, who keeps the upper hand, that was interesting.
Still think I would have been the best choice for Sonny but I was too young back then :D:D:D ;)
This is really nice. Yes, definitely, it would even have been the best solution anyway :happy::p. Oh :eek:, I realize now, so it can be advantageous of being a slightly older lady. I should start to rethink .... ;):D;)

I liked Sonny and Gina - I just think that out of all the women, Gina understood Crockett the most - his personality, the demands of his job etc. This was made clear in the pilot episode. Caroline is also a possibility - you could see that she loved him and Sonny loved her, but she just couldn't deal with his undercover work and fast paced lifestyle.Difficult to pick the worst for Sonny (too many lol!) - probably Danielle from French Twist. I also didn't really like Caitlin.For Tubbs - I liked Angelina and also Alicia. Even with that single episode, I liked her character & I think she would have been great for Rico.And honestly I didn't really like Valerie - wouldn't trust her with anything!! I don't think her feelings were genuine and deep like Rico's were towards her.