Expectations regarding the series finale before it originally aired

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Before "Freefall" aired was there a sense that one of the main characters would die or something else seriously tragic would happen? Was the plot leaked prior to airing or was everyone in the dark? I missed the whole fifth season when it first aired so that's why I ask.

Before "Freefall" aired was there a sense that one of the main characters would die or something else seriously tragic would happen? Was the plot leaked prior to airing or was everyone in the dark? I missed the whole fifth season when it first aired so that's why I ask.

We were all in the dark, but magazines (or rag mags) put out photos, and came up with thier own stories about what would happen. Not sure if they filmed different endings or not, but in my SCRAPBOOK SECTION, I posted one of the rag mag's fake endings articles.Glad they were wrong...

• Administrators

I seem to recall a rumor that either Crockett or Tubbs died at the end. I though it was going to be Crockett at that time.I'm glad they didn't. That would have been a crappy ending.

I seem to recall a rumor that either Crockett or Tubbs died at the end. I though it was going to be Crockett at that time.I'm glad they didn't. That would have been a crappy ending.

My article (in the scrapbook section) said they would BOTH die! :eek::thumbsdown:

• Administrators

Now that would have really sucked. Why didn't they just nuke Miami too? :evil:

My article (in the scrapbook section) said they would BOTH die! :eek::thumbsdown:

Could you please post the link to it? I tried to find it, but failed :cry:

Wasn't there more a sense of relief, as though a sick animal was being put out of its misery? Vice was shadow of its former self (both in story content and cultural impact) by the end.

• Administrators

I remember the promos saying "They saved the best for last" Unfortunately we knew better!

I remember the promos saying "They saved the best for last" Unfortunately we knew better!

True, if you think about the 5th season as a whole.The second part of Freefall (The Miami portion) however was probably the best 40 minutes of Vice, not counting McCarthy.

Well, I am yet to watch the series finale! I am just working my way through the 5th season, and am only a couple of episodes away from Freefall. I am making sure I watch Freefall last out of all of them.I am hesitating though, knowing it's the 'end.' Would definitely have been disappointed if either of them were killed off! I don't think I would even want to watch it if they were!

I have to agree with some of you here.I missed the last season when it was first aired as I was in the Royal Air Force at the time and doing a lot of execises and finishing my training etc. So I have only just recently watched it.The fifth season was disappointing, with only a couple of highlights. For me, the finale was weak, but I enjoyed the montage at the end.