Miami for a day... any tips what to visit?

jongarci

HelloI am going to Florida next week. I will probably have a day in Miami.Do you guys have any recommendation on key MV sites that can be visited in a day?ThxJ.

J, I would suggest going to South Beach - park up and walk around. For the amount of MV sites that remain in the area, its worth it. The map on this site shows what buildings were used for which episodes. I stayed at the Winterhaven in 2009 & walking from there, I got shots of plenty of iconic buildings including Jerrys Famous Deli, the Victor, Carlyle,Cardozo, Espanola Way, Lincoln Road Mall.If you come off Miami Beach via the 1A to the mainland, watch out because on your right will be Star Island (the Little Prince house) then later you may spot a seaplane near Watson Island, before seeing the Bayside marina on your left (where Sonny's boat was docked in the first series') then ahead you should be able to spot the Freedom Tower (Hit List).Hope this gives you some ideas.

Thanks! This is great info. I will do planning on what to see. Can you actually visit the dock where sonny boat was?ThxJ.

Thanks! This is great info. I will do planning on what to see. Can you actually visit the dock where sonny boat was?ThxJ.

If you go to the Bayside marina on the mainland, you can see it although the area has been altered since MV days. There is parking at the mall there so you'll also be able to get better pictures of the Freedom Tower.I was trying to think of other things you could see whilst there: if you go to the southern end of South Beach, you'll see Government Cut where the Great McCarthy was filmed. The first time I went back to Miami Beach in recent years (and before joining any MV site) my daughter & I found many MV buildings without even going there with a detailed map! Luckily many buildings in SoBe have been preserved so its like wandering around in an ep of MV though without the shoulderpads & other 80s fashion faux pas :)I hope you have a fantastic time & look forward to hearing how you got on

Here is some advice I give most people visiting down here: When at a restaurant or (especially) a club/bar, many places in Miami have the gratuity included in your final bill, so look closely at your check before you consider tipping someone...

If you go to the Bayside marina on the mainland' date=' you can see it although the area has been altered since MV days. There is parking at the mall there so you'll also be able to get better pictures of the Freedom Tower.I was trying to think of other things you could see whilst there: if you go to the southern end of South Beach, you'll see Government Cut where the Great McCarthy was filmed. The first time I went back to Miami Beach in recent years (and before joining any MV site) my daughter & I found many MV buildings without even going there with a detailed map! Luckily many buildings in SoBe have been preserved so its like wandering around in an ep of MV though without the shoulderpads & other 80s fashion faux pas :)I hope you have a fantastic time & look forward to hearing how you got on[/quote'] Thanks. I will follow your advice and hang out in this area. There is a lot of MV sites to see.I want to check out the Carlyle hotel as well.thxJ.

Here is some advice I give most people visiting down here: When at a restaurant or (especially) a club/bar' date=' many places in Miami have the gratuity included in your final bill, so look closely at your check before you consider tipping someone...[/quote'] Great tip! I would have probably ended up paying twice the gratuity.I will definitively look out for that :-)thxJ.

Thanks. I will follow your advice and hang out in this area. There is a lot of MV sites to see.I want to check out the Carlyle hotel as well.thxJ.

J, I didn't mention it because I assumed you would head for the Carlyle immediately - I certainly have in the times I've been there. It's where it all began ... and to stand there is brilliant. Hope you have a great time and enjoy your boat trip! Please post your pics when you get home