Real people you know who have the same name as somebody from MV

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Do you know somebody who is named "Crockett" or "Tubbs" or "Switek", etc.? How about somebody who has an identical first AND last name to somebody from MV? All the main characters, with the exception of "Castillo" perhaps, seem to have last names that are not that common. Most of the first names are pretty common, with the exception of "Sonny". Know anybody named "Sonny"?

My father was called Sonny.At work they use to call him that so did us kids.Not me but my brother did and some family members did also.It was funny when we first watched the premiere episode of Miami Vice and there was a vice cop called Sonny.We kept up watching Vice until he passed away in 1989.

I know a "LARRY" and I know someone named "STANLEY"....that's about it for me.

Me too - I know a Larry and a couple of Stanleys lol.There are people with the surname Crockett listed in the phonebook - not many, but they are there! Hmmm....lolNo Tubbs though.Would be interesting to find out from Anthony Yerkovich how he came up with the names.

There are people with the surname Crockett listed in the phonebook - not many' date=' but they are there! Hmmm....lolNo Tubbs though.Would be interesting to find out from Anthony Yerkovich how he came up with the names.[/quote']Yes, it would be interesting! :pI wonder, is the name "Crockett" English? French or what? :confused:

Guest myonlyvice
I once knew a guy from my time at the MP' date=' named Jan Hammer. Does that count too?! lol[/quote'] It absolutely counts. That's really interesting. Is the surname "Hammer" common in German-speaking places? JH was Czech but his name is German, right?

Yes' date=' it would be interesting! :pI wonder, is the name "Crockett" English? French or what? :confused:[/quote'] Found this:Last name: Crockett This interesting name has two possible origins. The first being a nickname for someone wearing a particular hair style, deriving from the Medieval English "croket" meaning "a large curl". In Scotland the Galloway family name Crockett is said to be derived from Macriocaird, from the Gaelic "mac" meaning "son(of)" and the personal name Rickard (Richard). The first recorded spelling is found in Scotland (see below). Crok(k)at and Croket being alternate spellings (1483 to 1614). In 1634 one John Crokkit in Achinkyle was charged with "molesting the minister at Inchcallioch and stealing his timber". The illustrious name bearer Davy Crocket, King of the Wild Frontier, was killed at the battle of the Alamo (1845). A Coat of Arms granted to the family depicts three Cornish choughs proper on a silver shield, and the crest being a Cornish clough prope. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Huwe Croket of Kameslank (Cambeuslang) which was dated 1296, were he rendered homage during the reign of John Balliol of Scotland 1292 - 1296 Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling. © Copyright: Name Origin Research www.surnamedb.com 1980 - 2011Read more: http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Crockett#ixzz1OEI3MRA0

It absolutely counts. That's really interesting. Is the surname "Hammer" common in German-speaking places? JH was Czech but his name is German' date=' right?[/quote'] Yes, the name Hammer is common in Germany. The girl who´s living above my apartment has also the surname Hammer. Thre are many people here with that name.By the way, my surname is Thomas.

Yes' date=' the name Hammer is common in Germany. The girl who´s living above my apartment has also the surname Hammer. Thre are many people here with that name.By the way, my surname is Thomas.[/quote'] And i have to add that the word "Hammer" has in german the same meaning as in english. And Jan is also often used in northern europe...